Part 10

Days went by after Tengen had left (M/n) alone in their house, and there wasn't really much to do. Most of the time, (M/n) would spend his time reading books that Tengen had around the house, and other times, he would be outside, watering the plants or just watching the sky, wondering when Tengen would come back. (M/n) lay against the wooden floor outside, the soft wind hitting against his skin. (M/n) groaned as he moved onto his left side, staying alone was so boring, but he had to admit that without the annoying uncles and aunts arguing about random stuff and placing the blame on others was worse.

He let out another sigh as he once again rolled onto his back. He missed his dad, mother, and siblings. He missed his room, his books too. "I'm so bored," (M/n) whined, unsure how much longer he could take this. He hated being alone, and the fact that he didn't know his surroundings wasn't helping at all. The forest surrounding the house seemed very peaceful and calm, but he had been warned that it was not safe to go out alone, especially at night. No one in his household was allowed to leave the house after sunset. He still did though and nothing had happened to him so far, so he just brushed it off.

Taking a deep breath, he finally pushed himself up, walked back inside the house, and slid the doors closed. He made his way towards the front door, slipped on his slippers, and walked out of the house, shutting the door behind him. He stared in the direction that Tengen had taken before taking a step forward and walking in the same direction. There was a little trail that led in and out of the house, so it wouldn't hurt to just follow it and come back when it was time.

Walking away from the house, he kept his eyes on his surroundings, making sure to remember the path. If he was going to stay here for the rest of his life, he had to memorize his surroundings but he also wanted to find out if maybe there was a town nearby or maybe some other people who lived close by. Of course, he wasn't good at making friends, but anything was better than being alone. The quietness and loneliness of the house were slowly eating him away, and he had started to wonder if Tengen was away because of him.

He frowned at the thought, he didn't want to get married to the guy at first, and now he couldn't get over him. He shook his head and continued to walk, he had to hurry if he wanted to return before sunset. (M/n) hummed as he continued to walk even further, the path back to the house disappeared, but he would just keep walking forward. All he had to do was turn back, and nothing more; he made sure to just keep walking straight and not take any turns.

So far, nothing had come into view; all that was around were trees and bushes, and maybe the animals that lived there too. 'Nothing...' (M/n) thought. He glanced up at the sky before taking a deep breath in and turning back around; he remembered the way back, of course, since all he had to do was walk straight back the way he came from. 'Well, at least it was a peaceful walk...' (M/n) thought with a peaceful smile, humming his way back since he was the only one out. No one was there to judge his humming or make rude comments about it, just how he liked it.

The sun was quickly setting, but thankfully, the trail that led back home had just started to show up. He continued to walk back home, although more quietly now; it was best if, in case there was something dangerous out in the woods, he didn't give away his location by making noise. He watched his surroundings, listened to the noises the animals made at night, and the sounds of the wind. Everything sounded so peaceful. (M/n) continued to walk, his eyes slowly glancing around. He wasn't sure if he was getting paranoid from everything he had been told about being out at night, but he swore he could feel someone's eyes on him.

Slowly, (M/n) glanced back before turning back around quickly and continuing his walk. What if him acknowledging what was following him made whoever was out there finally come out now that he knew.... no, no. (M/n) shook his head at the thought but quickly fastened his pace. The fear he was feeling made him imagine so many things, and it was not helping him at all. He continued to nervously speed walk before his whole body came to a complete stop. He heard leaves crunching and then suddenly, silence. His breath got stuck in his throat before he quickly bolted straight forward, continuing on to the house. He didn't care, he would be safe there.