8

“What is the apology for?” Tae asks, followed by another question, “Coffee?”

Jungkook rubs his face, the need to empty his bladder a definite priority as he continues towards the toilet. “Coffee would be good, thanks… I was apologising for being shirtless.”

“Please don’t apologise for that… It's been some time since I’ve had such a pleasant view.” Tae says honestly as he tips some coffee into a cup.

“Oh… erm… okay.” He replies as he shuffles a bit quicker and disappears into the toilet. If he’d needed confirmation of Tae’s sexual orientation, there it was but it wasn’t something he’d thought about. He hadn’t really given his own sexual preferences any consideration for a number of years. He met Yeona’s Mother while at university aged twenty and hadn’t really had time to plan his future beyond graduating when the pregnancy was announced. Prior to that, he’d dated a few boys and girls and was only four months free of a relationship with the guy that he thought was the love of his life. Now at thirty-five he didn’t really know who he was sexually and hadn’t been with anyone since Eunhye left so probably couldn’t even remember how to ask someone on a date, let alone anything else.

“Spoilsport.” Tae remarks as he hands Jungkook a coffee.

Jungkook gives him a bit of an eye roll in response and a small smile as he can only presume that it’s due to him exiting the toilet in a t-shirt that he’d got from his case. It's also been a very long time since he's had anyone be so complimentary on his appearance and it's a nice feeling… especially when the compliments are coming from someone as attractive as Tae… he has eyes, he would've had to have been completely blind to not notice.

"Incoming." Tae says as the sound of footsteps thundering through the house is heard.

The curtain is thrown back and a high pitched "Appa!" Is projected into the room by each girl. Both in pyjamas that are shades of blue and they could quite easily pass as sisters as their hair sits in plaits around their shoulders.

Jungkook is sitting on a high stool at the outer worktop which doubles up as a breakfast bar. The kitchen counters form a big three sided rectangle. He's got his back to the girls as they arrive into the open plan kitchen and he swivels around just in time for his daughter to launch herself at him. "Good morning, did you sleep well?" He asks as he gives her a kiss on her head.

"Yes! TaeTae's bed is so comfy, you should try it!" Yeona grins.

Jungkook is sure he hears Tae cough and splutter, then clear his throat but he can't be totally sure because Jia is rummaging through one of the kitchen cupboards and there is the sound of metal clunking and lots of ‘humph’ sounds coming from the girl.