Prologue, Chapter Four: Trouble Amidst The Mines

❛ɪᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʜᴜʀᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴀsᴋ ғᴏʀ ʜᴇʟᴘ. ʙᴇ ɪᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴡᴏʀᴅs, ᴀ ʟᴏᴏᴋ, ᴏʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ʏᴇʟᴘ.❜

♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸ 𝕬 𝕽𝖎𝖉𝖉𝖑𝖊𝖉 𝕿𝖔𝖓𝖌𝖚𝖊 ¸¸♫·¯·♪¸¸♩

   "A moment please,"

   the headmaster: Dire Crowley approached the group of four as they prepared to enter the mines. The group paused and turned to look at the older man as he stepped aside to reveal another student with a hat adorned with a strangely unfamiliar flower for others.

   "I would like to have this student accompany you four in your journey, as he had also done something worthy of the same punishment, if I do say so myself," the headmaster stated, muttering the last part to himself.

   [M/Name] was then pushed forward towards his fellow students. They then set off to the mines through the mirror one by one.

• • •

   "So this is the Dwarf Mines"

   They looked around the area, gloomy and depressing was one way to describe it. It was empty, completely devoid of life.

   "Hey.. [M/Name], right? You were the one who flew up one of the beams yesterday, didn't you?" the blue-haired teen: Deuce stated. He turned to look behind him to see the bard staying a few meters away squinting his eyes at Grim with absolute vigilance.

   "Uhh.. Do you two have bad blood or something? You two are having more beef than him and Ace," the tall male from before: Yuuken asked. He turned towards [M/Name] while holding Grim in his arms.

   "It is actually quite simple dear friend, I'm allergic to cats or most probably any feline creature to be precise," he stated as he floated along behind them. He was playing a soft tune on his lyre making the wind flow along with the music.

   "So, how exactly did you royally pissed off the headmage to the point in giving you the same punishment as us?" Ace asked as he relaxed with the gentle notes of the string-instrument.

   "Well, I just had the intention of making him share his secret wine cellar. I didn't exactly expect to see him in there, hiding while enjoying such a fine drink. Though the trouble I ended up in is still a hundred percent worth the find,"

   "You snuck inside the headmaster's office?! All that just for wine, I don't think you are even at an age to be allowed to drink yet," Deuce exclaimed, he looked at [M/Name] with wide eyes filled with absolute horror.

   "First of all, it's not just wine, it's my lifeline. Second of all, I didn't know they also have those kinds of insufferable rules at this place. Not that it mattered anyway," [M/Name] gave a long face as he was told those 'insufferable rules' are implemented everywhere. They stopped near the entrance of one of the mines with a stone glowing brightly inside of it.

   "So, in other words you are just a drunkard— oh hey! Look isn't that the magic stone that we need?!" Grim pointed at the end of the mine. The stone was oozing with a dark substance, but it did nothing to hide the magical aura surrounding it.

   "It's been a while since we had visitors. Since you've decided to come here, WHY NOT STAY FOREVER?!" ghastly figures then started to appear. They were completely shrouded in white with only a few hints of a pale sickly blue as they floated towards the group. They all but one started to scream and run away, the bard even quicker to disappear completely from their line of sight.

• • •

   "Although seeing ghosts here is quite expected it is abandoned after all. It's still quite surprising, though talking portraits and mirrors are even more unusual," the bard watched as his new companions ran away from the ghosts, unleashing their magic upon them every once in a while. He was standing on top of one of the tree branches, the leaves hiding him away from the sight of countless prying eyes within the forest.

   "I'm surprised they can hold on for so long, though their liveliness certainly reminds me of that explosive child... Should I help them? Nah,"

   He flew around the place, watching as the small group fought against a creature with a giant rounded glass for a head that was filled with ink. The lyre once again appeared in his arms, and soft tunes started to flow out.

   "Well, a little help may make the job easier," the wind started to pick up. It went towards the group, and combined with the magic they were casting. The wind gathered around the creature, enhancing the damage of every element sent its way.

   "...It's over..?"

   "Did we win..? I think we won!"

   "All Right!!" The group hugged each other whilst celebrating their victory. They let out loud laughter and wailing sounds with a 'We won't be expelled!' in between the hurrahs.

   "But wait, where did that huge wind come from? Is it from you, Ace?" Deuce asked, as they calmed down from their cheering.

   "Nope, I thought it was from you. Ya' know, since this thing can't even spit out anything but fire, and the other can't even do magic," Ace pointed to the now fuming Grim— who is currently being held back from committing something illegal by Yuuken, as he spoke.

   "Then who did?"

   "..."

   "Wait where is [M/Name]?"

   "Ehe~" the three looked up. There the bard was, floating just a few feet above them while still playing his lyre.

   "Did you all like my performance just now?"

   "Was that your unique magic? That was so cool! I want to have something just as powerful" Deuce took steps closer, looking at him with full admiration in his eyes.

   "Oh, I know you will. But, before that, you better stop that cat from eating the garbage he just picked up," [M/Name] pointed towards Grim, who was now eating a small piece of black lump and swallowing it whole.

   "Grim! Bad Cat! Spit that out!"

• • •

   "I never thought that you lot would actually do it, you even brought back a magestone at that. Here I was preparing the documents for your expulsion," the headmaster stated. Inspecting the magestone handed to him with extreme care and precision.

   "Myaah?! We were out there fighting for our lives against that monster to get that stone, and you were here getting us expelled?!" Grim ran up to Crowley. He pointed his paw towards him at the same time cursing him out.

   "Monster..? Tell me more would you?"

   The group started to recall the whole experience they had in the mines. Leaving the forgotten bard on his own activities.

   He slowly walked away from the room full of mirrors, and a familiar path to the headmaster's office. Inside, he opened a hidden cabinet that is filled to the brim with wine. Pull out a few bottles, clean up his traces before disappearing into the wind.

   "It's time to have a little wine party."

♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸ 𝕬 𝕽𝖎𝖉𝖉𝖑𝖊𝖉 𝕿𝖔𝖓𝖌𝖚𝖊 ¸¸♫·¯·♪¸¸♩