The wedding

Anthony Bridgerton is the eldest son of the Bridgerton family and the current Viscount Bridgerton.  Upon the death of his father, he became the 9th Viscount Bridgerton and the head of the family.

Anthony Bridgerton is highly driven and focused on success. He takes his responsibilities as the Viscount seriously. As the head of the Bridgerton family, Anthony manages family affairs and strives to uphold their reputation.

He was famously known as a rake. He loved women in his bed but not in his life. He had no wish to marry. He had already planned to name his brothers his heir had it not been his mother pushing him towards marriage. He had agreed and was set on to find the most suitable viscountess. He had simple requirements. 

1.Tolerable

2.Dutiful

3.Suitable enough hips for childbearing

4.At least half a brain

 Last one is more of a preference. 

After a lot of hard work and interviews, he finally finds a woman worthy enough to be his viscountess. Rose Courteney. She was the only daughter of Earl of devon. 

And so he had decided to marry her. He had made arrangements with the Earl. Everything had gone smoothly, except for his mother's disapproval for a arranged marriage. 

Anthony was currently stood in his wedding suit in the powderham castle which was the seat of Earl of devon looking in the mirror while his brother benedict stood behind him brushing his coat while drinking wine.

Cassiopia entered and looked at them. Benedict said," sister."

Cassiopia said, "brother.... are you sure you want to go with the wedding?"

Benedict said joking, "does the duchess not care for your bride brother?"

Cassiopia said," I actually find her to be the most entertaining and sweet company. That is why she does not deserve a loveless marriage and neither do you brother."

Benedict looked at Anthony seriously.

Anthony said with his hands behind his back," I have gone too far down this road to turn back down Cassie. Miss Courteney will be ruined if we do not marry, and our family will suffer equal scandal. Besides this was always the plan. I simply did not wish to marry but due to our mother, I am marrying her. It is a duty."

Cassiopia turned him back towards her and began to adjust his bow. Anthony smiled.

Cassiopia said, "Do you ever wonder what father might say on a day such as this? He was the only one you ever truly respected. The only one you ever listened to." Anthony looked away as painful memories evaded his thoughts, memories he had buried deep down "If papa was still here-"