Episode 5: Salvation

3rd person POV

The six campers were all sprinting in the direction of the smoke Patrick spotted.

Patrick halted for a second and sniffed the air.

"This way." Patrick said changing directions.

Everyone followed him through the bushes until they reached a campfire that had been destroyed.

"Damn it no!" Patrick yelled looking around before sighing in defeat. "We just missed them."

"So, they just gave up? We missed our chance?" Sammy asked worried. Patrick sighed as everyone sat down sadly.

Yaz looked up at Patrick and held his hand. Unbeknownst to the archer Yaz, looked down at her pocket and tucked the photo of Patrick's mom and Dad in her pocket out of his sight.

Suddenly the group looked up in fear when dinosaur roar close by.

"Circle up!" Patrick ordered fearfully. They all stood back-to-back to one another in a circular formation. Patrick notched an arrow and aimed at the bushes.

"It could be a really big compy, right?" Kenji shuddered. "Darius, didn't you say they were creepy skylarks?"

"I said they were crepuscular" Darius whispered fearfully. 

Suddenly a Ceratosaurs came barreling out of the bushes roaring at the six. everyone rolled out of the way while Patrick fired an arrow hitting its neck. It let out a roar of pain before hitting Patrick with its tail, knocking the archer into a tree.

The dinosaur eyed Yaz and Sammy who grabbed sticks to defend themselves.

"Come on!" Yaz challenged. The carnivorous Dino roared at her when suddenly a red flare was fired from behind them blinding the group. 

"Get down!" Someone yelled from behind Yaz with a thick Australian accent before throwing her behind a log. She looked up and saw her savior was a man with red and blue armor, his face concealed with a mask.

"Stay here kid

"Stay here kid." The man ordered in a familiar voice before walking to Patrick and helping him up. The man gasped confusing Patrick.

"What?" Patrick asked groggily.

Before the man could answer the Ceratosaurs roared at them.

"Can you fight?" The man asked. Patrick nodded and notched an arrow. The man drew a katana and slashed at the leg while Patrick fired three arrows at the cerato's neck. It roared in pain and finally decided the prey wasn't worth it and ran away just as three other figures ran towards them.