3. ~Day 1~

Noah's pov:
Today's the first day with Michael. I have to start off with a meeting with his parents. The king and queen.

I walk into the conference room and stand, waiting to be invited to have a seat.
"You may have a seat." King William said. I took the seat across from the two.
"So, we wanted to have this meeting to discuss Michael."
I nod. "Yes sir."
"So, you're only 17, correct." He asks.
"Yes, sir, i am only 17." I explain.
"I've already checked everything I need to for you to work here." He says. "But I think you're a great fit for him."
"Really?" I ask.
"Michaels... kind of a pain. He's never picked a bodyguard. He always says no to all the options, leaving it up to us to pick." The king explains to me. I nod in an understanding way.
"He has a big mouth and doesn't know when to shut it." The queen says. King William slaps her hand, probably telling her to shut up.
"Thank you for your time. You may leave." The king dismisses me.
"Thank you." I bow to them before walking out the door to find Michael.
"Wait! Noah!" King William comes out with a paper. "We do need you to sign this his." He hands me a waver.
"Yes, of course." I take the paper.
He leads me back to the conference room. I place the waver down and read it over.

By signing this waver you have agreed to these terms and conditions:
• Any damage to property or person by signer will pay funds
• Protection provided to best of ability on Royal
• blah blah blah
• blah blah blah
• No falling in love or have any feeling of love towards Royal.

What? Why would I need to sign for that? I do t fall in love with any of my clients.
Whatever. I sign the waver and hand it to the king.
He dismissed me and I walk up to Michael's room. I knock on the door.
"One second!" Michael sounds panicked.
"Alright. It's Mr. Carter by the way." I say loud enough for him to hear.

After threeish minutes, he opens the door. He kept pulling on his sleeves, making sure no part of his arm was showing. Odd.
"What were your plans today, your highness?" I ask him.
"Don't call me that. It actually cringes me the fuck out." He says. "I was going to hang out with my friends today."
"And where is this at?" I ask.
"The mall?" He says in a not questioning way but like I was stupid.
"Nope. Your parents said you're not allowed out. They say you're grounded." I tell him.
"And the grass is green." He starts to walk away. I grab him by the arm and pull him back. He quickly pushes my hand away, his face giving a look of pain even though I didn't grab him that hard.
"What's that even supposed to mean? Grass is green." I ask.
"It's mean they're right. I am grounded. But who actually cares? Like grass. Grass is green but nobody seems to care." He says.
"No common sense there. But go off." I say, holding his hand so he doesn't walk off.
"I do. I care." I say with a firm tone. "I'm not getting fired for your entertainment."
"Goddamn. Why are you so strong! I'd expect this from someone older but 17?!" He says as he tries to pull away.

After a bit, he gives up trying to get out of my grip. We were sitting in his room as he was doing homework. Since he was part of the royal family, it made sense he was homeschooled. But nobody told me his homeschooling would be by no other than me! I had to teach a 16 year old as a 17 year old myself.
"Listen Prince, I'm not good at math either, but this is not that difficult. You literally just flip x and y." I say in a slight annoyed tone.
"If it's so easy then why don't you fucking do it?" He says, much attitude applied.
"What you mouth around me. I told you in the interview. I don't play around."
"Wowwwww. Scary. I'm so scared." He says in a straight voice.
"You really are a pain in the ass. Just do your work." I say, leaning back in the chair I was on.

Words: 741