Chapter Two

Written by myself and the lovely BowTighe.

CODEX

             Codex walked into the bank, trying not to draw attention. He walked up to one of the bankers, and asked if he could withdraw some money from his account. He didn't have an account. Of course the attendant could not find it from the information he gave her.

            "I'm pretty good with computers, maybe I could get it. You probably just typed it in wrong or something." He strolled around to the other side of the mahogany desk and around the well-dressed woman. He typed with one hand and with the other, reached under the desk and put the communicator on the Ethernet cord.

            As long as Fox successfully got into the back and received the passcode from the modem they would have full access to the bank. Of course they could hack through the passcode, but that would waste at least three minutes, and they wanted to get in and get out as fast as possible, reducing the risk of getting caught.

            Fox entered the bank, looking like a strange cross between a businesswoman and a rock star. She smiled flirtatiously at the security guard as she passed him. Then she paused, stopping right in front of the pudgy man with a frown.

            "Oh no, it looks like I left my name badge at home!" She stuck her bottom lip out, pouting. "My first day, and I'm already screwing up!"

            The security guard gave her a big smile. "Not to worry miss, you can borrow mine for the day."

            "Really?" Fox's face lit up. "Oh, thank you so much! I won't forget this." She gushed, as she leaned over and gave him a peck on the cheek. She took his card with a little smirk and went into the back door. A few moments later, she had set up her laptop and was in the system.

            Codex gave up when his information did not check for the second time. He walked out into the car, and hacked into the network and started decoding the rest of the firewalls. It went by faster with Fox helping him.

            Once they got in, they simply took $10,000 and put it into an account. Now they just have to write the check and mail it to the charity.

            Codex waited patiently for Fox to come back to the car.

            Fox had finished. She packed up her bag and exited the back room, walking past the security guard.

            "I left my cell phone at home. I'm so forgetful!" She smiled at him. "Be right back." Knowing his shift would end soon, Fox didn't worry about the guard realizing she wasn't going to come back.

            Strolling down the block, she turned the corner and got into the car. "I'm hungry; can we go grab some food?" She spoke to Codex in a demanding tone.

            Codex looked at her and smiled. "How fancy are you feeling, on a scale from Ramen to five star?" he asked. He turned on the ignition and drove away from the bank, heading to the restaurant section of town.

            "I'm kind of craving Applebee’s." Fox grinned, and turned on the radio. An unidentifiable song by The Killers blared in the background.

            "Then Applebee’s we shall have!" Codex replied. They deserved some pampering, after their last job. He drove in the direction of Applebee's.