[ Awakening Shadows ]

Hadrian Sirius Potter always felt like the odd one out in his family. Living in the shadows of his twin brother James and twin sister Lily, he bore the weight of their parents' disappointment and favouritism. James and Lily were the epitome of magical prowess, excelling in every spell and potion, while Hadrian struggled to even make a feather levitate. The Potters, a prestigious pureblood family, prided themselves on their magical lineage, and yet, their youngest son was deemed a squib.

Every year, the Potters hosted a grand celebration for James and Lily's birthday, showcasing their talents to the Wizarding World. Hadrian, however, was often relegated to the background, his presence barely acknowledged. His parents, blinded by their favouritism, seemed to forget he existed, labelling him a failure, a disgrace to their bloodline. But beneath the surface of this seemingly unremarkable boy, a powerful magic lay dormant, waiting for the right moment to awaken.

It was on the eve of his eleventh birthday that everything changed. Hadrian had retreated to his small room in the attic, nursing the familiar sting of rejection as the sounds of laughter and celebration drifted up from the grand hall below. He curled up on his bed, the moonlight casting a soft glow through the window, illuminating the silent tears streaming down his face.

As he closed his eyes, an intense pain surged through his body, pulling a strangled cry from his lips. His veins felt like they were on fire, and his bones ached as if they were being reshaped. The agony was unbearable, but somewhere within the pain, there was a sense of awakening, of something powerful and ancient stirring within him.

Hours passed like centuries, but eventually, the pain subsided, leaving Hadrian gasping for breath. He stumbled to the mirror, his eyes widening at the reflection staring back at him. His once dull, green eyes now glowed with an otherworldly light, and intricate patterns of runes and scales shimmered beneath his skin. His creature inheritance had awakened, revealing his true power and potential.

For the first time in his life, Hadrian felt a surge of confidence and purpose. He wasn't a squib; he was something far more powerful. The revelation filled him with a sense of triumph, but it was quickly overshadowed by a burning desire for revenge. His parents had cast him aside, and now he would show them, and the entire Wizarding World, his true strength.

The following morning, a letter arrived, delivered by a regal-looking owl. Hadrian's heart raced as he opened it, his eyes scanning the words that would change his life forever. He had been accepted to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. A new chapter was beginning, one where he could finally prove himself and rise above the shadows cast by his family.

Arriving at Platform 9¾, Hadrian felt a mixture of excitement and determination. The hustle and bustle of students, the whistle of the train, and the promise of a new beginning filled the air. As he boarded the Hogwarts Express, he made a silent vow to himself: he would no longer seek validation from his family. Instead, he would forge his own path, driven by the desire for revenge and the need to uncover the secrets of his lineage.

The journey to Hogwarts was filled with curious whispers and stolen glances. Hadrian, with his enigmatic aura and newfound confidence, drew the attention of many, but he remained focused, his mind racing with plans and strategies. He knew that to achieve his goals, he needed allies, and he needed to understand the intricacies of the magical world he was about to enter.

As the train pulled into Hogsmeade Station, Hadrian felt a surge of anticipation. The towering silhouette of Hogwarts Castle loomed in the distance, a beacon of opportunity and power. He stepped off the train, his heart pounding with the promise of what lay ahead. Unbeknownst to him, fate had already begun to weave its intricate web, leading him toward an unexpected ally and a powerful mate in the enigmatic Tom Riddle.