001 :: VIGIL FIGHT

I WAIT FOR YOU
001 :: VIGIL FIGHT

I WAIT FOR YOU 001 :: VIGIL FIGHT

::

( fear street 1994 )
act one

    ADALYN SAT ON HER COUCH, waiting for her twin brother Simon to finish getting ready. She had a bowl of cereal in her lap, with the morning news on. A drop of milk spilled on her pants as she lifted her spoon to her mouth.

"Shit!" Adalyn groaned, "For fuck's sake." She huffed as she got up to put her bowl in the sink and go change before school. As she was rinsing her bowl out, she heard the news talking about a new mass murder that happened the night before. She rolled her eyes, having gotten quite used to the idea of murders in Shadyside. In her defense, they happened almost every week.

"Simon!" She yelled, "Hurry up, we're gonna be late!" She ran up the stairs to switch out her pants. She heard him rummaging through his stuff, muttering to himself, "Where is it? Where is it?"

"SIM—" He cut her off, "ADDI, I KNOW!" He shouted, "Jesus, fuck."

She walked into her room and was looking for pants. "Shit." She remembered her and Kate had planned to wear their cheer uniforms; Adalyn had to. She was the cheer captain, of course.

After changing into her cheer uniform and tying her hair up into a ponytail, she walked out of her room with her backpack and waited for Simon downstairs. He ran down the stairs, panting, "Hey, Addi, did you hear about the mall last night?" He fixed his hood and opened the door for her.

Addi walked out, "Yeah, Heather?" She turned behind her as Simon locked the door. He turned with a smile, "She was just a victim to Sarah Fier.." He joked as the twins walked to her car.

"Bring that up to Deena, she'll kill you," Addi rolled her eyes. The twins drove to the school, laughing and goofing off.

________

AS THEY GOT OUT OF THEIR CAR, Simon noticed a familiar face walk towards the building.

"Hey! TEO!" He shouted at the top of his lungs, getting judgmental glances from their fellow students. Mateo turned his head to Simon's voice, shielding his eyes from the sun. His glare softened when he saw Addi was with him.

She smiled and waved at Mateo, as he began running towards the two.

"Hey, guys!" He panted, "Come on." He grabbed Addi's hand and walked in between the twins. "How do we feel about Sarah Fier's new addition? Ryan Torres, I heard?" He looked at the two. Addi shook her head with a smirk and Simon's face lit up.