Chapter 6: Her Comfort

The curious little entity roamed around the endless darkness
__________________________

You smiled warmly at him as he joyfully danced around.

*gasp! " ___ look!"

Your eyes widened with amazement.

You let out a shaky breath of awe.

" I'm just like you now!"

You laughed and embraced him.

" Yeah.."

__________________

You sat quietly beside Vaggie, silently looking as Vaggie raged to the radio overlord about the crappy commercial that he made. You patted her shoulder as a reassurance as Charlie tried to calm her down.

Your phone rang as Angel dust rambled about how he was made to be exploited, or rather his body. You politely excused yourself, glancing at the number on the phone and then at Alastor as he stared back at you.

It was a brief eye contact, something that can be mistaken as just a coincident. But Husk caught up to it and felt somewhat uneasy in his gut.

Just as you left to answer the call, you also heard Charlie's ringtone. You caught the name of the caller. Dad. You almost let out a smile.

Lucifer huh? It's been quite a long while...

Your lord doesn't let you see him as much. And who are you to deny him?

You went back to your phone, answering it.

" Hello, baby cakes~"

" Lord Valentino, I hope you are doing well. Is there something you need?"

" Straight to the point, that's what I like about you~"

" I am glad that you are pleased with me. It's an honor to br accepted by the loyal partner of lord Vox. "

Behind the phone screen your smile turned coldly sarcastic, contrasting to your gently and genuine voice.

" Hmm~ that's what I like to hear. So about what I called you for, I need---"

You listened to his requests or rather orders whilst mindlessly twirling the burning pink mist on your fingers. They tangled in your fingers, swaying with every command of the motions.

It was obedient, compliant and mindless. Trapped. Just like how this stupid overlord will be. Not yet, but soon. You'll just haved to train him more.

Even little insects can be beneficial once your lord gets to sit on the throne.

You ended the call and went back to the main lobby where Charlie was singing and dancing. You blinked, watching her skip her way down the sinful streets of hell.

" What happened when I was gone?" you asked with a lost and confused tone.

" Oh don't worry about it babe. Just princess there getting called about meeting angels or sum shit." Angel replied to you with a shrug and then he went on to proceed his flirting with the angry cat demon.