disasters and fun

Amara woke up around 10am the next day, and lay there for a little while without touching her phone. She thought to herself about how she'd moved from her home city to London with her two best friends. It was a good decision and she knew it, but she couldn't help feeling guilty. Cardiff was the city she'd grown up in but it was also the place she'd lost her brother, and where she'd left her family behind. It reminded her of the horrid years of high school. But it was also the place she first learnt how to ride her bicycle and where she met her best friends in the world. It had its pros and its cons.

She eventually picked up her phone and clicked onto instagram where she saw a familiar DM notification.

@arthurnfhill has sent you a DM

Amara smiled to herself and clicked onto the chat.

@arthurnfhill- How's the hangover?

@maracoleman- no hangover, i'm a pro x

@arthurnfhill- Surprising, but I have a question

@maracoleman- go ahead music man

@arthurnfhill- Music man?

@maracoleman- it's your nickname now.
@maracoleman- now what is it you wanted to ask

@arthurnfhill- I have a gig tomorrow night, would you and your friends want to come along?

@maracoleman- hm
@maracoleman- if you buy me a drink:)

@arthurnfhill has hearted this message

@arthurnfhill- deal. It's @ 7 in the electric ballroom on camden street

@maracoleman- see you there<3

@arthurnfhill has hearted this message.

Amara placed her phone down and immediately rushed to Andi's room, shoving open the door. "The Arthur Hill guy from last night has invited us to a gig tomorrow night" Andi sat up "Oh shit, Mar I can't go" Amara frowned and crossed her arms "And why not?" "I've got a tinder date" Andi grinned and Amara immediately rushed over. "What?! With who?" Andi grabbed out her phone and showed her the pictures. "He looks quite familiar. What did you say his name was?" "Harry Lewis. We're meeting up for dinner at 6" Amara groaned "I am so proud of you girl but I could kill you as well. I swear, Reagan better not let me down as well" Andi laughed and Amara looked over at the door where Reagan stood with a shy smile which immediately clicked. "Not you too! You can't come either?" Amara groaned. "I'm meeting up with a few friends I knew when I was in sixth form. You'll just have to brave it alone" "You two are the worst— I love you both and i'm happy for you— but you're the worst! Betrayal!" Amara scoffed dramatically as she left the room leaving the two girls laughing.

Amara spent the remainder of the morning scrolling for jobs on her laptop. She never knew how hard it would be to find a job yet she applied for a few. Mostly editing jobs and then maybe she could build up into the producing side of the media. Her eyes lingered on the date at the bottom of the laptop screen. 06/09. Her brother passed a year ago today. Amara picked herself up and called to her roommates that she was off out, taking her headphones with her. She drove for a little bit before she found some woods on the outskirts of London, called Ruislip Woods. She parked up and walked over to the start of the path, placing her headphones on and opening Spotify.
She clicked play on her playlist titled '2024🎵' and immediately 'A Change of Heart' began playing by The 1975. She began her walk, following the path and glancing around, her mind on her brother the whole time. She took out her phone and snapped a photo of the trees. It was autumn so the leaves were browning and falling off the trees but it was her favourite season, and his too.