Arc 1: Ch.1: In another world?

Sup?

/////////////

Kogito yawn as he was outside of the store he was working. He just finished his shift 6 to 10 hour shifts. It was 11:38 at midnight

???: Kogito? Yo! Kogito!

He looks and saw his friend Subaru. Subaru wears deep-grey tracksuit bottoms with an orange stripe down the side, black sneakers with vibrant orange laces and soles, and a black t-shirt. Additionally, Subaru has with it a zipped-up white tracksuit jacket with a stand up collar, deep-grey sleeves with an orange line running down their sides and orange cuffs, and deep-grey shoulders. On the left breast of the jacket is a black brand symbol that is reminiscent of the letter N.

"Oh. Hi Subaru *Yawns* what are you doing here?" He asked a bit tired

Subaru: Nothing much just chilling around

He looks a bit concerned about his friend who barely have enough sleep.

Subaru: You know you should get some extra sleep

"Nah, I'm fine *Yawn* see?" He looked completely drained

Kogito had trouble sleeping, his two jobs kinda drained everything out of him, one from 6AM to 2PM (hotel) the other from 2PM to 11PM, he'd always arrive home at midnight or 1AM so he had to eat, bathe, and sleep for as long as he could before starting the cycle again.

Sundays were his days off, he was so exhausted he'd normally sleep for 12 to 14 hours.

Kogito yawns again while closing his eyes as he suddenly felt sunlight hit his skin which was strange considering that it was supposed to be a cold breeze because it was night.

He opened his eyes and saw that he is not Infront of the convenience store and he saw what seems to be different types of creatures.

Kogito looked above average enough to gain attention in a crowd…but right now, most of those passing by looked at him out of the corners of their eyes as if they were looking at something strange they had never seen before.

But that was to be expected. After all, among all those onlookers, not one of them had long black hair and red eyes in, nor were any of them wearing a green hoodie.

As he stood before the waves of open stares, the young man crossed his arms and had no other option but to accept the truth.

"What the fuck?" He said as he was severely confused he looks to his side and saw Subaru gawking at everyone

"This has got to be one of those... One of those so-called "I've been summoned to another world" deals, right?" he said to Subaru who continues to be in disbelief

"Assuming we really have been summoned into a fantasy world...the state of the civilization appears to be the usual, medieval-like setting. Hmm so far, I haven't seen anything mechanical, but the roads here are pretty well paved...and of course I can't use any of our cash since they still use gold coins" As for why Kogito was so quick to accept and understand his current situation, the fact that he was a modern Japanese youth poisoned by anime, games, manga, hentai (this is before his parents died) had something to do with it, and for that he was very thankful.

It wouldn't be an overstatement to say that as an adolescent boy, this sort of otherworldly summoning was the kind of thing you'd dream would happen to you, but on that note...

"I wonder what our special magic or power would be?" He said and this caught Subaru's attention

Subaru: I know! It's probably something overpowered right!?

"I sometimes forgot that you're an otaku" Kogito said in a dead pan expression as Subaru puffed out his chest high proud to be an otaku.

Given their current situation, and pitiful starting equipment, Kogito couldn't help it.