53. ᴄʜᴀᴏꜱ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛᴏʀᴍ

A/N: If you haven't noticed, I came back to posting on Monday (7/22/24)

A/N: If you haven't noticed, I came back to posting on Monday (7/22/24). If you haven't read the previous chapter, please do so before this one! I'm doing much better with my recovery and I should be back to normal next week c: 

[x]

Upon the eve of the festival, many villagers band together to assist in its assembly. The market buzzes with commotion as everyone prepares the wooden stalls and decorates the surrounding area with paper lanterns, strings and ribbons, and banners.

Along with Hashirama and Tobirama, Akito also inhabits the chaos, sporting his newly appointed ducal title. The exam was administered yesterday for any Senju interested. There were only two others, but Akito outmatched them without even trying and earned his spot. When witnessing Akito eviscerate the others in the oral exam, none of the elders had any qualms with the decision. 

Now, he will behave as Duke Senju in all Imperial matters with you by his side providing guidance.

You watch all the bustle from a chair near the magnolia tree centered in the market. Hisa holds up a parasol to shield you from the sun while you fan yourself. The autumn heat still radiates your skin despite the cool mountain air rolling through the village. You have tried to offer your help in various instances, but no one has allowed you to stand, appalled to even think of you carrying any weight.

And so you sit there like some mascot. At least some Clan Leaders swing by to introduce themselves and to keep you company for a few minutes. However, your husband always chases them away and leaves more bored than ever.

"Princess," Tobirama calls out. "I need to run to the farmlands to grab some products. Would you like to stay here or return home?"

"I'll stay," you pout.

He approaches you, peering down at your expression with a tilt to his head. "Why the face?"

"I feel useless... No one wants my help," you mumble.

"You being here and looking beautiful is all the motivation they need," he chuckles. "Akito will stay close in case you need anything." He glances at Hisa. "Do keep her safe as well."

"Of course," she responds.

Tobirama gives your head a single pat before leaving the area. Your pout deepens upon seeing him disappear as you did enjoy watching him direct everyone. Even the sight of him using his muscles to carry and move things around had you fanning yourself excitedly.

'My god, I'm turning just like the twins...'

'You called?'
'It's been a while~'
'Don't mind us, we were just watching your husband.'
'Just like you. Those tree-trunk arms were working quite... hard.'

'You guys are the dirtiest minds of all summons.' You smirk though, missing their company. 'Where have you guys been? And Belize?'

You hear a light snore from another section in your mind while the twins giggle.