11

FUSE
"Victor answer your phone we are going to be home in a couple hours. You will come over for dinner tonight." I heard my mothers voice on my voicemail and I smiled before hitting her number to call back. It took a few rings but then she was loud, proud, and talking my ear off. But I had news too.

"Mama, I have good news. Make food for four tonight." I told her and she screeched and squaked at my dad to drive faster, that she needed to clean the house before I bought someone over and then the questions started.

"Who took your heart? Who do I get to meet mijo. I am so excited. I thought you would be single forever but I knew it! I knew you had too much love inside you to keep it locked away!" She was cheering and saying this is what she has been praying for and how much closer she is to getting grand babies now that I wanted to settle down. "Now... tell me where you met her and how old she is-"

"Mama... it's Daisy." I heard the silence and I smiled slowly. "She and I... she ended up single again."

"You snatched her up!" I heard my father shout and laugh and my mom was whispering something before telling me they had to go.

"Whoa, wait. I tell you the biggest news and you need to go?"

"There is so much to do! Daisy is coming, your father needs to drive faster. Bring her over by 5- no 6! Oh my god! I have to call your cousin-"

"No you don't there is nothing we need from Manny." Manny, my cousin, was a priest and I could already tell what she was planning. Fuck my life, but I was going to speed thru this relationship if my mom had her part in it. "We are moving slow. She was spooked by this last relationship." I told my mother slowly so she could calm down and understand.

"Ok... ok. Just bring her for dinner and we can you both together at last." I heard the tension in my mothers voice. She was going to go behind my back if she needed to but I would make sure it would all be stopped before it got too far.

I let them go and looked at the time. It was only 11 now so  I had time to either prep my woman or let her think we would just be going out. Knowing how she is around my parents I decided it would be best not to tell her. She was always trying to scurry away so she didn't 'bother' us in school so I knew she would act the same way now so I wouldn't let her.

I have a date night planned for us tonight. Starts at 6.. I'll swing by on the bike.

I couldn't wait. This was all years in the making and my parents excitement proved that... now I just had to wait.

But today was my day off and I had a few things to do besides this date. I made sure to stop by Tank's office and I saw him and Rowdy talking about some farm he wanted to sell so I knocked to get their attention.

"What's up Fuse?" Tank sat back and Rowdy stood up straight and they both waited.

"I need to talk to Fiona." I saw the way his eye twitched, his first reaction probably similar with my own when it came to talks. "Nothing bad. I gotta thank her." I didn't want to but it was needed.

"She's due here for lunch." He told me and I nodded. "This about Daisy?"

"Yeah... and I gotta tell her what Daisy told me because it's weird." I didn't want to tell everyone but it had nothing to do with my woman and her abilities... it was all about the doctor Fiona set her up with.

I got set up with my laundry waiting and then I heard a girly giggle and turned only to see Whiz and Sabbie walking in and I smiled knowing that they were the catalyst for someone of us. I didn't want to keep seeing them happy together and not have my own slice of happiness. I caved and caved hard and brought my girl into our danger and I would do what all the other men would do here... provide, protect, and love. Anything that needs to be done will be.