Dear Diary, some bets are best lost

13/03/22

Dear Diary,

I've hated losing so far.

I've never enjoyed being on the losing side.

So every loss, every defeat only leads me to working harder to thrive towards success.

The taste of defeat is something I abhor.

My setbacks irk me and then I work hard enough to have a perfect comeback.

But today,

I strangely did not seem to hate losing.

The taste of defeat was rather...sweet.

Because when she smiled, after that win, breaking into a fit of giggles, nothing seemed better than losing.

We had placed a bet that whoever loses has to take the winner out for shopping, and then treat everyone else, and despite knowing that I'd have my money splurged today,

I felt, some bets are best lost.

Especially after seeing her smile.

" Uno!" Sara put the last card on the piled up cards and Shubman let out a groan.

" You cheated!" He accused and she gasped.

" Arey yaar maine kya kiya? Dekho, cards tumne hi baate, meri kya galti mujhe acche cards mile?"

" Colour changes to blue!" Aditi exclaimed putting the colour switch card and he groaned yet again.

" I don't have blue!"

" Toh ek card utha lena." Seb said shrugging.

" Easier said, you have only five cards left! Yaar kisi ke paas take four cards vala card kyu nahi hai?"

" Colour changes to...red..and Shubi, pick four more cards." Ishan smiled slyly earning a glare from his best-friend.

" Everyone's so hell bent on making me lose today!"

" Tough luck Your Highness." Sara smiled cheekily.

" There you go!" He scowled putting a number nine card in the specified colour and looked at Jugnu who shook his head.

" My turn is skipped, remember? You only put the card. Sara, it's your turn."

" And I win!" Sara put her last card with an excited giggle and Shubman's gaze flickered towards her.

" I winnn!" She exclaimed yet again, a wide grin spread across her face as she clasped her hands together.

A soft glimmer spread across Shubman's lips seeing her giggle and squeal.

He'd almost forgotten about being on the losing side.

His eyes softened as he saw her genuinely happy for once, as she playfully threatened that whoever was to lose the round, she was going to make their pockets empty.