018.

over the next 2 weeks, oakley and i have been fucking on the down low and it's actually been great. him and vivienne broke up as soon as we got into our last argument because he couldn't be asked to 'be' with her when he was technically with me. we have 3 weeks left of school, and i've never been more excited.

'nadya, what is pythagoras' theorem remind us?' my maths teacher asks, my eyes focused on my pen as oakley's hand is dangerously high on my thigh.

i swallow hard before i speak. 'a squared plus b squared equals c squared.' i state, earning a thigh squeeze from oakley and a nod of approval from the teacher. the lesson continues until the bell rings and we all file out of class.

'hey lovebirds.' i chirp as i see manny with his arm around ani walk through the corridors.

'i could say the same thing about you two.' ani says as i press my lips in a thin line and i feel oak grip my hip for a second before we start walking.

'so, are you two official?' i ask them as ani smiles and nods excitedly.

'look!' she says, giving me her hand and i see the red heart ring, making me gasp.

'it's so pretty!' i say as she nods before taking her hand back. 'you didn't tell me this.' i say with a sad smile as we walk down the stairs, oakley and manny following behind us with cruz and noah.

'yeah well, you were busy with oakley and i just—' she shrugs and i nod as we all sit down at our normal table.

i sit down between cruz and oakley before turning to cruz. 'am i a bad friend?' i speak softly so only he can hear me before i feel a hand on my knee and it's pulled towards oakley so he rests his hands on my thigh.

'no? why would you be a bad friend?' he asks in the same tone so no one can hear our conversation.

'i'll tell you later.' i mumble as he nods, his brows furrowed before his attention turns to manny.

'the match is today, right?' the brazilian asks as manny nods.

'coach's playing you as left wing by the way, noah on the right and i'm at the front.' he explains as both noah and i nod.

'who is it against?' he asks before they start talking more about the game and i drone it out.

'you good?' oakley asks me as i feel him peck my temple.

'yeah.' i mumble before i feel him retract his arm from my thigh and wrap it around my shoulders instead.

'you two are coming right?' ani asks as i furrow my brows.

'where?' i ask as i hear oakley let out a quiet sigh.

'the match today.'

'there's a match today?' i ask as if they didn't have their entire conversation in front of me.

'yeah, have you not been listening?' ani asks as i shake my head.

'no, sorry.' i mumble.

'so, are you coming?' ani asks as i nod.