Chapter 01.

A C T :: O N E [past]

t h e   p r e p o s i t i o n

T H E   T R I V E D I S

A Siren's Kiss.

Annika was never the one to depend on others, but some decisions of hers, only came effective when the one in front was too oblivious to realise the motive.

"Shukla, the papers have been prepared?" She asked under her breath, the microphone picking up her voice as she walked past the crowd passing cordial smiles along her way.

She could hear the murmurs and the hushed whispers, that were spoken, fingers were pointed in her direction, but no one dared to do it in the front.

Back-stabbers.

That was the only word she could conclude. The people around were the people who had connection to the Trivedis in any way possible. No outsider was allowed. But behind those tailored smiles there were hidden intentions of conspiracy. One which she couldn't control, but she could eradicate them, just not in the way she would have preferred.

But she wasn't the one to have chose the option, she was forced to. Can you blame her really? She may not consider herself her mother's daughter, but one cannot deny the blood that has raised you to adulthood no? She might have acquired some of the attributes, but boy did they come handy in times like this.

She walked towards the exit, her assistant right on her tow, only to be greeted by the hoard of photographers and reporters waiting for her to make an appearance, she clicked her tongue in annoyance, every single damn time! She thought as she looked around the flashes, had it not been her glasses she would have been almost blinded by the lights.

She tched.

"How did they get in?" She asked as she turned to look at the security, her eyes narrowing into, they looked at her meekly, understanding the silent command.

"Clear the place." She muttered as she watched as the media was escorted back. Rolling her eyes, she got into the car.

<>

She stared at the sinking sun, even the sun had to sink, so it rose up again the next morning, she chuckled to herself, philosophical, but that was the difference between them, she didn't like to back down.

She took a sip from the cold tumbler that she was holding in her hand. Looking at the contents, she smirked, impressed. Strong.

"Here are the locations." She looked at the papers, her one hand curled around the cold tumbler as she sipped on the beverage.

"How long will it take to reach there?" Annika asked absent-mindedly looking at the letters written in the fine print.

"What?" Shukla frowned.

"You are thinking of paying them a visit, ma'am?" He asked worriedly.

"It's not safe. And it's against the rules that Nandini ma'am—"

"Who pays you Shukla?" She asked as she took a sip.

He frowned, "You ma'am."

"I am glad that you are aware of the fact." She chuckled, "I would suggest you to keep your mouth shut about this topic when the next time you go and report to Nandini behind my back." She looked at him in the eye, her fury unconcealed.