21. Pain

Hello, hello readers!

How are you all? I hope you are doing well.

I'm excited to introduce and bring your attention to the new chapter of this novel.

I hope you will give lots of love to this chapter as well.

Please follow me here to get notified about upcoming announcements and add this novel to your reading list.

As always, don't forget to hit the ⭐️ button and leave your lovely comments.

Now, here is the chapter. Happy reading! 🫶

______________

Here is one thing more, I'm setting some goals.
To unlock new chapter, I need 10+ comments and 30+ votes as this works for my motivation. You can do more if you love me😉

I hope you all will understand and support me.

Happy reading!!

                    ______________

Also follow me on Instagram id is given in last please also support me there..

                     ______________

She wondered how he managed to play both personalities so effortlessly, personalities that were completely opposite of each other.

Lost in her thoughts, she shook her head and headed straight to the bathroom, grabbing a dress on the way.

But when she reached the closet, she realized there were only kurtis hanging there, and memories of the previous day came flooding back.

All her pain came rushing back. She closed her eyes, pressing her fingers to her temples, "Kriti, don't overthink... please."

She opened her eyes and today, she didn't feel like going to the restaurant. She selected a kurti and stepped into the bathroom for a cold shower, hoping it would soothe her burning skin.

Half an hour later, she emerged from the bathroom, feeling somewhat refreshed. She wore a light blue kurti and a matching dupatta, the cool fabric a welcome change.

As she walked into the room, she noticed something different. All her belongings were now neatly arranged in the room.

They hadn't been there before she went into the bathroom. She pondered why Nishank was being so considerate towards her. Was there something she was missing?

Moving to the dressing table, she began to apply vermilion in her hairline. It had been days since she last did this in the morning.

She also put on her mangalsutra, a symbol of her marital status, and then started drying her hair.

Once ready, she headed downstairs, curious to see if Asha was around. The dining table was laden with various dishes, a sign that Asha was indeed there today. As she was taking so much leave for past few days.

She walked to the table and took a seat. Moments later, a familiar voice came from behind her, "Are you ready?"

She turned around and was surprised to see Nishank standing there with his customary coffee.

One thought crossed her mind: "Doesn't he need to go to work? His job has always been his top priority."

Nishank broke her reverie, "Now you're staring at me."

She quickly averted her gaze and replied, "I was just wondering why you are here... I mean, you always leave for the office by this time."

He said, "No, I thought we could enjoy breakfast together, and then we'll head to the office."