𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

✯✰✯

✯✰✯

"RIQ, ARE YOU POSITIVE YOUR CONNECT IS GONNA BE ABLE TO COME THROUGH IN TIME?"Brayden asked through the phone as the St. Patrick boy made his way through the building passing through groups of people, "I'm asking because we don't have any product. We sold those pills, but the money from that will only cover so much. How did it go last night?" his question confused Tariq who looked practically lost on the other end.

"What?"Tariq asked.

"You said you had something to do last night. I assumed you were meeting with the connect?"Brayden asked in an obvious tone with sight confusion. Tariq remembered instantly what he told Brayden the night when he called him when he was going to meet up with Reina.

"Yeah, a matter of fact B. I was."Tariq lied walking down the hallway.

"Okay, so what happened?!"Brayden asked, "How come you didn't mention anything this morning?"

"I had to keep it low-key."Tariq shrugged stopping in front of his classroom, glancing through the window from where he stood outside the door. "You know how that goes. Aight  I'll hit you later, B."

"Aight, Bro, "Brayden said before Tariq hung up, he shoved his phone in his pocket and opened the door to go inside Canonical Studies.

When he walked in he noticed there weren't a lot of people in class today which was a little weird. But he didn't mind, it most likely meant he was a little early, he saw Mariah at her usual seat by herself today instead of with Brushaundria like she always was in class. There was a yellow envelope on her desk but her face was too stuck in her phone to care much about it.

"Hey, Riah."Tariq greeted walking up to her, making her look up from her phone and giving him a small smile.

"What's up, Riq."Mariah greeted back when he sat down
in the empty desk next to her.

"What's going on in here?"Tariq asked glancing around the half-empty classroom as he watched the students that were in it doing their own thing and a couple packing up.

"You didn't get the email? Not shit. Remember the paper Simmons assigned? The one we had the other day?"Mariah asked earning a small nod, "Here it is." she held up the thick yellow envelope.

"He graded it that fast?"Tariq asked making her nod.

"I guess so. Fast enough to give my ass a B."Mariah set it back on top of her desk and Tariq grinned.

"Oh shit, I see you."Tariq praised her.

"You know the vibes."Mariah grinned back, "Should have been an A though. But I'll take whatever good I can get with this nigga." she waved her hand around.