𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

Lou's POV:

"Excuse me, are you ok?"

Huh? This is the first time that someone approached me during this time. Who could that be?

I turned around and saw a female doll who was smiling at me.

"Oh, uh, yes. I am perfectly fine" I replied, smiling back at her.

This doll has dark skin, hair in a bun, brown eyes, and a...glasses?

Huh, I've never seen any doll wear glasses before...

"Sorry to bother you. I'm Mandy" she said, extending her right hand.

"My name is-"

"Lou, yes, I know" she cut me off.

"H-how did you..."

"You were the one singing for us earlier and you're quite popular in this institute" she explained.

"Oh...so that means you're one of the new dolls."

She nodded.

"Yes."

"Well, it's nice meeting you, Mandy. Would you like to join me for a walk?" I asked, directing my right hand in front.

She smiled.

"I'd love to. Yes."

We then took a walk together.

I put my hands in my pockets.

"By the way, thanks for asking me, Mandy. This is the first time someone asked me if I was ok" I said, looking at the ground with a smile.

"Really? You're very welcome then!" she replied.

"Yes, and another thing..."

I then looked at the sky.

"This is also the first time someone approached me during the night" I continued.

"Wow. Really?" she was shocked.

I then looked forward.

"Yes, because usually, the dolls are already asleep during this time or they just stay at their houses" I explained.

"I see..." she said.

It was silent for a moment then Mandy spoke.

She looked at me.

"Hey, Lou?"

We both stopped in our tracks. Then I looked at her.

"Yes?"

"I hope you don't mind me asking but..." she was a bit hesitant.

I was just smiling at her.

She was fidgeting with her fingers. She looked away for a second then looked back at me.

"What were you doing out here at night?" she finally said.

I looked down and closed my eyes for a second then opened them. I then turned to the sky again and took a sigh.

"Well...it's because I overthink much and walking at night helps me lessen my worries" I explained with a smile.

"I see. But what are you overthinking about?" she asked.

I looked at her. She looked curious about me.

Should I tell her? But...she's still a stranger to me. It would be too early to tell her. I have to get to know her first

"Oh, well, just some random things like is my teaching good enough for the dolls? Or if they're learning properly from me. That kind of thing" I shrugged.

"Oh, I see. Don't worry too much, Lou. I'm sure you did a great job on teaching your previous students" Mandy smiled, putting a hand on my shoulder.

Wow, I just met her and her words are already comforting me as if she knew me so well...

Then she quickly put her hand away.

Huh? What was that?

"S-sorry. I forgot you're famous" she said, looking away from me while holding her right wrist.

Oh, right. She must have thought that my fans would get angry if they saw her touching me or even near me...

"Well, I don't mind. You're the only girl who doesn't fangirl about me" I smiled.

Aside from the spy girls, of course. But I still see them as one of those fangirls

"You're different and I'm already comfortable around you, so I don't mind at all" I continued.

She looked at me and smiled.

"If you say so. In that case, I am honored" she said.

"And since you're alone with me, how about I tell you some of the things you need to know in this institute?" I said while directing my right hand on the institute.

"That would be amazing, thank you" she smiled.

Later

"Thanks for walking me home, Lou. You didn't have to. Your fans might get angry if they saw you walking a girl home."

"Nah, don't worry about it, Mandy. Besides, I don't mind if you become one of my fans." I chuckled.

She giggled.

"Well...instead of being your fan, can I be your friend instead?"

A friend? All of the girls want to be my girlfriend. But a friend? Now that is something I don't see every day. It was rather never! It's like she's the only one who knows about boundaries

"Yes! Of course. I'll be your friend" I smiled.

She smiled back and walked to her house. I watched as she opened her door.

She turned around and waved at me.

"Good night, Lou."

I waved back.

"Good night, Mandy."

Then she closed the door. As for me, I went home as well.

Tonight was different and it went better than I expected. Maybe because I met someone new? And this is also the first time that a girl never cared about my looks...

I was smiling all the way home and when I got to my mansion, I went to my room. I flopped on the bed and stared at the ceiling.

I sighed in happiness.

"What an amazing night."

I hope we can hang out more often. I'm so glad I met her and I'm so glad that I finally have someone to call a "friend"...