For I Am Here

"Mr All Might sir, can we talk?" Niku pawed at the door, a hint of nervousness in her voice.

Behind the staff door All Might was in his weak form, and panicking, 'Shit she sounds serious and besides I'm a teacher now, helping my students is part of the job. But my energy is spent.'

He quickly took his Hero Form and scrambled for the door, hiding his pain behind his smile.

"I'm busy right now but I can spare a few minutes for my students," he steps out, smiling as wide as always, "Nicole wasn't it?"

She stepped back surprised, "everyone else just read my poor handwriting as Niku Ole, h-how?"

"A real hero takes the extra effort to go beyond."

"Plus Ultra!" She purrs, he laughs.

"Right, time!" She centers herself, "your very busy. So I'll cut to the chase. My animal instinct keep smelling blood around you. Like your injured. I know it's probably nothing, just general scraps and if it was more serious we have Recovery Girl but I just can't ignore someone in pain when I can help. Even if that help is limited due to being stuck...like this. So will you humor a silly old cat and let me use my healing...equipment on you. It will only take a moment."

All Might froze. His wound throbbed, he had tried everything but new Quirks were born every day. Maybe a healer who could fix him had appeared. Still he didn't want his wounds to get out, people looked to him. Still this girl had sensed it.

"I am very busy, will this take long?" He also had to consider how long he could maintain this form.

She shifted to human form and adjusted the fit of her collar and new utility belt, pulling an odd gold flip phone from one pocket, a gem on the tip glowing pink as she held it aloft.

"Not long," she growled, "I can't hold this form very long, as you know."

All Might could relate, in a sense he saw him in her, not his public face, the hero who smiles through pain and charges into danger to save lives. That was young Midora. But his current self, someone who just wanted to do good but the flesh was uncooperative.

"Fire away then!"

Niku purred as a warm pink light enveloped All Might, Niku's eyes going wide.

"This is worse then i thou~"

He pulled her into the staff room, and explained everything, reverting to his weak form as she reverted to full tiger.

"People never expect their heroes to get hurt, sick. And, not to brag, as the Symbol of Hope, weakness invite~"

Niku flashbacked to that fateful day, of a sick girl, of a device that could transform you into a hero, but only if the spirit of Noble Tiger accepted you. Of a young man who could not just stand by as friends, heroes struggled.

"By all rights my first mantle should have never happened. I was not chosen by the animal spirits, hell my brother and I barely understood what we were. Were we human? Aliens? Both? But I couldn't just watch everyone be hurt. I had to Try. I had to do something."

"That was my first mantle...my first power."

All Might smiled, "you remind me of young Midora, even without power his body would charge into trouble. He could not simply watch. Even if it only got him into more danger he could not just stand by and do nothing." All Might smiled and rolled up his shirt to show the extent of the wound, "heroes are made by their actions."

She looks away, shifting back to humanoid form and taking out the device, "I'm no hero," tears streaming from her eyes, the memory of Earth swallowed by a black hole while she could only watch helplessly from her train in space burned into her memory. "If I had just gotten there 5 minutes earlier I might have been able to save them, instead all I could do is watch."