Chapter 3: Ticket to hell

A faint sound of a click could be heard.
- Bullseye.
It all happened so fast, nobody registered what even happened until a few seconds later. their eyes filled with horror as they froze, only after they started screaming and causing a rampage. the room was getting emptier and emptier.
The mayor was shot dead in the head.
- no no...calm down! everything is going to be okay! i promise! please evacuate quickly!
Jenna comforted a shocked woman, leading her and others outside. she quickly ran away, panting. people outside were very confused until the reporters went live.
- this just in, the mayor was shot dead at the main building in the city centre, citizens are freaking out as it was a complete assasination. some say it was bound to happen-
the reporter was interruped by Jenna as she tried to keep her and the cameramen out of the scene. the reporter didn't want any trouble so she followed her orders and helped to clear the scene.
She searched for her cellphone, calling the agency, desperately looking around in a rather crazed state. the phone rang for a few seconds, until someone answered.
- I-it wasn't a rumor... I need you to send an available team right now! anyone!
she didn't have time for small talk and hung up.
fortunately for Jenna, police officers from other divisions were sent to close up the crime scene and guide everyone to safety. Jenna herself waited near the building and gradually calmed down.
a weird sensation came over her, she had goosebumps and felt like something was pressing on her chest, she was worried about something yet to her knowledge.

- you piece of shit, i told you we should've waited until he went outside. you're lucky they didn't catch you.
- hey, you barely even did anything. besides snagging some money from that dumbass and reporting it to me, like i were your boss.
-i was the one who brought...it. it's perfectly secured. i can magine the suprised faces.
- yeah...whatever. they're definitely on to us now. so there's no going back.

Clyde felt like he was dead but alive, he was confused as he heard talking from the dark room. he had been abducted and taken out of the building, the reasons why were pretty unknown, but rather hidden deep in his mind.
- what's this guy here for again? he just looks so annoying, laying there. don't tell me he's awake.
one of the men walked towards Clyde. the room was full of an eerie presence, there was only a small light coming in from the window, reflecting on the men's faces just so that you could make out some of their features.
the taller man pointed a long weapon what had seemed like a gun at his laying body, the chamber seemed thin and cold slowly pressing against his forhead. he wouldn't dare to move a muscle, althought you could hear his heartbeat in the cold silence.
- you weren't next on the list, but you're definitely not last. what have you been saying?
Clyde was confused, he hesitated and told what he knew.
- I'm no enemy of yours.. I don't understand... what's going on. i don't know anything you're talking about and don't expect me to...
before he could finish that, he grunted as the man kicked him in the guts, he immediately folded and was out of breath. he started to sweat.
- I don't know anything! i haven't told anyone anything.
the man laughed with his companion. they didn't take him seriously.
- your answer, truthfully doesn't matter to any of us. but one day... you'll remember and you'll regret it. besides, everything's already set. have you ever seen a firework show upclose?
Clyde's heart dropped as he heard this, but before he could scream or do anything, the men had already ran off. clyde tried to get up, but he tripped over a mysterious heavy bag.
soon, he realised something had a horrible smell; like blood. he was further shocked and tried to find out where the smell was coming from. to his surprise, there was a fresh corpse just beside his legs. the light shone on the wounds as his confusion turned into disgust, feeling morally guilty about the ignorance of the dead, he still went for the exit. but that was his second worst choice.
his first horrible choice was coming here.
25/02/2008 12:56 am.
reflecting in everyone's eyes, there was a flame of ember, followed by smoke. it felt like the sun coming down to earth, multiple explosions could be heard. from the set of 3, they went off one by one, increasing lethality and endangering the zone. screams were silent and panic was felt. bodies falling unconscious one after another. a miserable sighting unfolded beyond the city.
officers rushed in, but it was too late, the locals fret as they embraced their fright. dead or alive, wasn't the case, tragedy beholded by the disgraced.