Encounter

Rogue knocked softly on the young master's door, then opened it to reveal Alexander still abed, his eyes bleary. "Sir, it's time to rise. We have a long journey ahead to town."Alexander groggily sat up, rubbing his temples. "Must we? " His response was tired and frustrated. 

Rogue left the young master to get dressed and returned to the kitchen. Downstairs, Alexander entered the kitchen, where his father, Master Edgar, was already seated at the table, sipping a cup of coffee. "Good morning, son," he said, his expression stern. "Remember, you and Rogue are heading to town to find work today. We need income to keep our estate afloat. "

Alexander nodded reluctantly, knowing his father's mind was made up. "Yes, Father. I remember." 

Master Edgar's voice was firm. "Good. I expect you to take charge of finding a solution, Alexander. We can't rely on our dwindling resources any longer. And Rogue will ensure your safety on the journey." 

Alexander hesitated, wanting to protest, but knowing it was futile. "Father, can't we—"

Master Edgar's expression turned dismissive. "No, Alexander. We've discussed this. You know what needs to be done. Don't waste my time with arguments. "

Alexander's face reddened, but he bit back his words. "Yes, Father." Master Edgar stood up, his eyes urging them to hurry. "Well, you should get going then. You have a long journey ahead of you." Alexander nodded, feeling a sense of resignation wash over him. 

"Yes, Father. Let's go." Rogue joined them, his eyes scanning the room as the two Alexanders finished their brief conversation. The tension between them was palpable, and Rogue's gaze lingered on the young master's uncertain expression.

 As they set out on the journey, the silence between them was thick with tension. Rogue walked ahead, his eyes scanning the unfamiliar forest, as Alexander trailed behind, his feet dragging.

 As they walked, Rogue suddenly stopped, his head cocked to the side. "Sir, I think we should be cautious. This forest is new to me, and I don't know the paths or the dangers."

 Alexander's voice was mocking. "Oh, Rogue, always so cautious. What's the worst that could happen?" 

Rogue's expression turned serious. "Sir, I smell something. This forest is marked territory. We should be careful." Alexander's expression changed, his eyes widening with concern.

 "Marked territory? Let's get out of here, then. We can't afford to take any risks."

 Rogue nodded, his eyes scanning the surrounding trees. "Agreed, sir. Let's move quickly and quietly."

As they walked, Rogue suddenly stopped, his head cocked to the side. "Sir, I think we're safe now. We've left the marked territory behind."

Alexander snorted, his expression disdainful. "Werewolves. A menace to society. Can't even control their beasts."

Rogue's expression remained calm, his eyes glinting with amusement. "Ah, sir, you wound me. We're not all beasts, you know. Some of us are quite civilized."

Alexander sneered. "Civilized? Ha! You're still a monster, no matter how much you try to hide it. I've heard stories about your kind, Rogue. The way you roam the forests, attacking innocent travelers..."

Rogue chuckled, his voice low and smooth. "Do you speak of those stories you've heard? Mostly exaggerations and lies. We're not mindless beasts, sir. We have our laws and customs, just like humans do."

Alexander's face reddened, but Rogue continued, his tone unflappable. "But fear not, sir. I shall protect you from the big bad werewolves. After all, it's my duty to serve you."