~ 6 ~

Lou never thought she would get support this time on her flight back to USA. In past years, due to therapy she had her fears under control. However, the events that took place two weeks ago during her flight back to US from the UK had shattered her confidence. She was back to square one and she depended on alcohol to overcome the fear. The flight tonight though had her in economy with no drinks before take-off policy. She did not know how she was going to survive this flight and she had been praying to God. She believed in God though wasn't following any particular religion or religious practices. And she had begged for strength and support that would keep her calm in this 24+ hours flight.

And the prayers were answered. God sent help. God sent her an angel who could and would help her. Debbie Ocean!

Yes, when Lou felt someone place their hand on her own, she recognised it. It was familiar and when she turned to confirm, she was shocked, surprised and happy because her assumption was right! It was Debbie. The same Debbie who calmed her down during their last two shared flights and cared for her throughout the journey. The same Debbie with whom Lou openly spoke of her vulnerability. The same Debbie who encouraged her to attend therapy once again to get better. The same Debbie who unknowingly began residing in Lou's heart for last couple of days. The same Debbie whose dreams made Lou's days happy and cheerful. The same Debbie who awakened something deep in her heart that Lou still hadn't figured out.

"Deb...", Lou uttered her name, her eyes filling.

"Hey Legolas", Debbie said with a gentle smile, and slowly turned Lou's hands so she could entwine the fingers with her own. Lou smiled back with gratitude.

"Thank-"

"Reminding you again, you won't be refunded", Samantha, the flight attendant spoke after keeping Debbie's bag in the cabin. Although she was busy trying to fit the bag up in the small space, her focus clearly was on Debbie and Lou's interaction and seeing their hands she knew Debbie's 'meeting' was not really about the construction project.

"I am fine with it, Samantha", Debbie replied to her with a smile.

"Enjoy your meeting, the two of you", Sam smirked and Debbie rolled her eyes, smiling. "And because your 'meeting' is with Lou, you'll get good stuff too. But after the passengers are asleep", she said and winked. "Let me leave the two of you to 'meeting'"

Saying so, Sam walked away. Debbie looked at her for a second and then turned back to Lou.

"You are really here", Lou whispered, still surprised.

"I am really here. We'll face this flight together"

"I can't express how grateful-"

"I know darling, I know", Debbie said and gently lifted Lou's hand, kissed the knuckles. "I am here"

*****************

When Lou felt the vibrations underneath her seat she looked outside the window. Yes, the flight was about to take off. It was on the runway taxiing, about to jump up the sky. Her heart rate increased as the still-on-ground plane moved faster. In few seconds, it will be airborne.

"Hey, look at me", Debbie said. Lou turned to her. Debbie gently cupped her face. "Look at me honey, not outside. Look at me", she said with kindness that obviously radiated in her eyes. Lou looked at her, blue eyes meeting brown pair, the warmth of kindness and affection from Debbie spreading inside Lou's heart with that simple gesture. Debbie was the angel. Lou melted into her touch, her mind filled with everything Debbie and nothing else. The brown eyes made her forget where she was and what she was worrying about earlier. The flight took off, while Lou's focus was Debbie and Debbie only.