Chapter - 9: Eagle's Turmoil, Fox's Tears

1400 hours,

Near New York,

"Mister Yago...Mister Yagou!" a loud voice rang out, nudging him from his slumber. As Yagou's eyes fluttered open, he saw Hanki and Elara leaning over him, urgency etched on their faces.

"Yes, what happened?" he mumbled, stifling a yawn and rubbing his eyes, disoriented from being woken abruptly.

"Wyverns, they've surrounded our ship!" Elara exclaimed frantically, as a flock of wyverns converged on the aircraft.

"What? How? I thought we were safe?" Yagou exclaimed, rushing to a window to see the wyverns screeching and swooping toward the plane.

Seizing Elara's arm, Yagou pulled her to the other side of the plane for cover. Just as a wyvern was about to collide with the aircraft,

'Boom!' a noise echoed and it burst into a cloud of bloody red mist.

"Wow!" Hanki exclaimed, as each wyvern disintegrated one after another, while smaller, sword-like aircraft swiftly took positions on either side of their plane, serving as guards.

Yagou observed the spectacle in awe, completely captivated by the display of power until the captain's voice emerged over the aircraft's speakers.

"Forgive us for the sudden disruption; a group of Wyverns had strayed from their path. Please do not be alarmed, our escorts have addressed the situation. You can relax as we will shortly arrive at John F. Kennedy International Airport, where the weather is a pleasant 20 degrees. Thank you!"

The calming voice of the captain reassured the group, and they gradually settled back into their seats, the tension easing after the unexpected encounter.

As they neared American airspace, the twin F-35s escorting their aircraft peeled away, and the plane approached the runway at John F. Kennedy International Airport.

The denizens of the New World soon found themselves staring at the prime financial metropolis of Earth, a shining jewel of modernity showcased in all its glory as they slowly descended.

The entire group was wide-eyed as they beheld the city's incredible skyline, with massive glass towers that struck straight into the heavens, seeming to defy the gods, a literal manifestation of the Tower of Babel.

Yagou stood with his mouth agape, astonished by the sheer engineering it took to create such a city. A foggy memory from his dream lingered as he murmured, "I hope to whoever their god is that we never make enemies of them, for I know a city shows the spirit of a civilisation!"

Soon enough, the crew prepared for landing. Everyone promptly took their seats and fastened their seatbelts as the aircraft touched the runway, quickly decelerating to a complete stop.

Yagou quickly rose from his seat, followed by the rest, going down the plane's aisle and out of the aircraft.

Herds of reporters and journalists swarmed onto the tarmac, eager to catch a glimpse of the first 'aliens' on US soil, held back only by a thin line of policemen.

As Yagou descended, he felt like he had entered yet another world. While the Russians had seemed quite chaotic, it paled compared to the frenzy here. Hundreds of what appeared to be various news outlets surrounded them as if they were famed celebrities arriving for a visit.

"Mr. Yagou!" a cheerful voice called from the other side as a blonde man approached, his eyes alight with excitement.

Yagou quickly nodded and extended his hand in greeting, "My warmest greetings to you but, who might you be?"