1.

Late night flight

A young man is seated nervously in his seat. He clutches both the armrests in fear. His throat is dry. The plane is ready for take off, he shuts his eyes tight.

Airhostess: Are you okay? You need something?

The guy nods his head as No, tears flow from his eyes.

MAN with Specs(scared): No…I..I am fine…

He opens his eyes and sees a spectacled young handsome man seated next to him appearing equally nervous. Their eyes meet and they smile weakly at each other.

Spectacled Man : you are also scared of planes ? Mee too I am scared….breathe deep, close your eyes..bas 5 min…

He closes his eyes and breathes deep as the man suggests. The plane gathers speed, He squeezes his  eyes and feels a hand on his. He looks at the other guy startled, his eyes are still closed and he appears to be praying loudly. He oddly finds it very funny and starts giggling. The spectacled man opens his eyes and looks at the other guy laughing uncontrollably holding his hand on his  mouth. He joins in the laughter, few minutes later the flight is airborne and they settle down. He wipes his tears and hands a tissue to the co-passenger.

Man with Specs: Thanks….life me pehli baar itna hassa hoon ki aasoo aa gaye…aur darr chala gaya..

Young Man : I should thank you….usually main toh plane me rone lagti hoon, vomit karti hoon…magar aaj aisa kuch nahi hua…

Man: waise London se meri ek aur flight hai…aap aayenge?

Young Man : meri bhi flight London se hai..aap jaa kahan rahe hai?

Man:  Houston, Texas…

Young Man; Me too…..

They both realize they will be on the same flight again

Spectacled Man : Myself Shubman Gill

"Ishan Malhotra, I mean Ishan Kishan here".. said Ishan sadly

"Wow you don't even know your name interesting,  bdw i hope we have our seats together in the next place" ,winked Shubman

Ishan( snapping ) :  I got divorced recently so I'm still not habitual.

Shubman :Ohh..my bad..am sorry…thank you once again…good night. He pulls an eye mask over his eyes and sleeps.

Ishan too puts the eye mask and turns to sleep and the same images pop up….

Flashback

One and a half years back….

Ishan is studying in final year, college. He has chalked out a plan in front to complete his Masters and PhD abroad. Right now he is bent over the microscope in his microbiology lab. His phone rings, he doesn't pick it up. He ignores several times, later irritated at the disturbance, checks the caller. He is apologetic

Ishan father: tu ghar aaja..kuch zaroori kaam hai…

Ishan : abhi? Please naa….maine autoclave pe 300 test tubes rakhe hai..usse dhonaa baaki hai….yeh virus ka culture bhi oven me aur 30 min rakhna hai…toh yeh sab khatam karke, 2 ghante ke baad aata hoon…theekh hai Byeeee..

Ishan Father (angry): Ishan….abhi ke abhi ghar aaa..

Ishan : Pap…but…his father cuts the phone. Ishan is angry at the interruption. He receives a text from his sister.

"It's urgent Ishuuu come faster " messaged Aditi

Ishan sighs and a sadness breaks out in his face.  His father has been a university dean his whole life and hence is naturally very dominating and strict. He is very formal . He is the supreme commander of the house and no one dares to upset him or go against his wishes. Ishan is already in his bad books as he came out gay his dad wasn't really accepting the only reason he kept relations with Ishan because of his good academic results and the reputation of Ishan being one of the most sincere and disciplined boy in the the University and also the fact that Ishan is good at everything and being the  secretary of the Microbial Department.

With all these thoughts Ishan reaches home. His house is quiet like a classroom. He peeps in the drawing room, the place is spic and span. He quietly steps in and is about to get up the stairs, when he hears a whiplash like 'kadak' voice..

His  father  approaches him . Ishan gets scared and steps back

Ishan father: pata nahi aaj kis virus ya bacteria ko leke aaya hai..haath dhoye ache se?

Ishan: Ji papa….sanitize kar liya hai..

Ishan Father (angry, glaring): Kitni baar kaha hai..yeh floral or girly kapde mat pehno dress like a man chodo tumse bolna hi bekar hai, ….be formal..ghar pe mehmaan aa rahe hai…Mr and Mrs Rajesh Malhotra….yeh kapde badlo aur maine Aditi se kaha hai tumhe tayaar karne… Go inside and change

Ishan stands there confused. Following another barking order by his father. He rushes with his bag upstairs to his room.

"What's exactly happening Aditi why he's telling me to change my clothes and ... why Malhotra's coming" asked Ishan being totally confused.

Aditi(closing door): Sit…and listen and  Promise you won't panic …Ishan promises his sister.

Aditi:  Malhotra are one of the richest families in this country and they're planning to fund the university for 10 years . They have proposed tender to become the trustee of the university.

"That's nice but why dad wants me to change and why he's so hyper"  confused Ishan.

Aditi (drawing a deep breath) : Mr Malhotra has a son Vikram Malhotra and he's bisexual so they wa- want you to marry Vikram ".

Ishan  (angry): WHATTTTT? Rishtaaa? I'm not interested, I don't want to marry anyone.

Aditi: I know that .... But you don't have a choice Ishan , Dad is not going to reject this since Malhotra has promised that they will rebuild the University . And  Vikram's father feels you're the perfect ideal match for his son.

Ishan : It's not fair, I haven't dated anyone yet , never been in a relationship, I'm new to all this, not going to marry anyone just because dad wants me to,  and  it's a fucking damn  business transaction. How can a father sell his own kid?

Aditi:  "Ishan, I get that you haven't had the chance to discover yourself due to all the rules and fears. But hey, in a country where being gay is still a big no-no, getting the opportunity to marry someone of the same sex is what all LGBTQ people are fighting for. It also means that Dad is accepting you. Vikram is a wealthy, good-looking, bisexual guy - what more could you ask for? Look at it like an arranged marriage proposal; lots of people do it, it's normal, Ishan. "

"But  What about my studies, my passion, my life I'm just 22? I've been hiding my true self all this time, hoping for the day I can be free from all of this and live life on my own terms. I want to explore, understand myself, and fully embrace who I am." Said Ishan with his eyes tearing up.

"You should feel grateful that I haven't thrown you out even after learning that you're fucking fag , if there was any other man he would've fixed you for sure But I'm being good generous father for you" . Screamed his father while opening the door.

" There's only two options for you, either you marry Vikram or spend your whole life as a straight person and get married to a woman" Smirked His father.

Flashback over

Air hostess: Sir ,would you like to have some coffee or tea

Ishan (wiping his tears): No..I am fine..

Shubman: good morning…I hope you slept well…whats the time?

Ishan (small smile): Yes…thank you.. 2 more hours are remaining for London.

( First of all thanks for all the love for "Love Against the Odds" Sorry for discontinuing"Starstruck Lovers" As my college and internship was draining so i just couldn't come back to it . Anyway back with a new plot I had in my mind I am not sure if I'll be able to complete this but I'll do my best since it's one of the best plot i feel)

And don't worry Shubman is not going to be a red flag or toxic guy .