Seventeen

Bonus Scene 1

~Seokjin~

It's the second after Jungkook leaves the conference room that Seokjin can finally exhale a sigh of relief. He could practically feel the younger's worry and anxiety oozing off of him, but Seokjin wonders just why Jungkook was nervous in the first place; everybody here loves his work, including Seokjin's dad and brother.

After Jungkook and Kunwoo exit the room, the committee is given the link to vote anonymously on which one they like more, and they're also allowed to talk to each other and discuss before choosing. The amount of good-hearted things being said about Jungkook makes Seokjin's chest swell with pride and joy. Jungkook is excellent, and he's glad to see that others think so highly of him.

It doesn't take long for them to vote at all. Five minutes in and the results are only shown on Seokjin's email login. After everyone is done voting, he thanks them and then rushes to his office, telling his father and brother goodbye for the day. He's eager to see the results, so he doesn't even make it to his office before checking on his phone. When he sees the amount of Jeon Jungkook votes on his tiny screen, his heart bursts with joy.

Jungkook is the winner.

He's still staring down at his phone, unbothered as he accidentally runs into his office door because he isn't paying any attention. Emailing Jungkook to meet him in his office is far more important to him, and he doesn't care how embarrassing he looks—nobody was around to see him run into the door anyway.

Jeon Jungkook-ssi (urgent!!!)

Please come to my office as soon as you read this email. I want to talk.

-Kim Seokjin

The message is direct and Seokjin hopes that Jungkook doesn't magically find out on his own that he won the voting. Seokjin wants to be the first to tell him. He's so excited to be the one to tell him that it gets hot in his office, so he takes his blazer off and leaves himself in his light blue button-up, thinking about rolling up the sleeves just to fiddle with something as he waits. He focuses on pulling up the results for Jungkook to see instead.

Not even five minutes after he sent the email, his secretary opens the office door. Seokjin rushes to stand up from his desk chair, feeling lightheaded, but his eyes are bright and filled with mirth as his gaze lands on Jeon Jungkook. He's so happy for him.

He gestures for Jungkook to come behind his desk and the younger looks confused as he asks, "I thought the meeting was over?" Jungkook's eyes follow the point of Seokjin's finger, where he's pointing at the results on his computer screen with a smile on his face.

"I wanted to be the one to tell you." Seokjin is so giddy he might actually explode. "You got the job, and I knew it had to be you from the very moment I saw your portfolio. God, I wanted you to win so badly," he admits truthfully. He has to remind himself that Jungkook wasn't the only candidate. "Don't tell Kunwoo I said that," he laughs nervously.

It's formal—practically mandatory—for Seokjin to have to choose between at least two people. For such an important role, the committee has to choose who gets the job, and to choose between two people is the best bet to get the best person in that office. Seokjin wanted it to be Jungkook from the beginning, when he saw his portfolio, and no, it's not just because he had the same name as the cutie he kissed at the bar. Jungkook's work is incredible, and most of the committee agrees.

When Jungkook smiles, no longer looking so tense and nervous, Seokjin feels like he's accomplished everything in life. Jungkook asks him if he voted for him, and of course he did. Why wouldn't he have? Jungkook is amazing in so many ways, and he wishes he could say more than just "I'm serious, Jungkook-ah, your work is incredible and you've worked on serious projects before, so you were more fitting for the job. Everyone loved your edits, including my dad. Including me. You're so amazing."