What Swims On Uncharted World 550 by @thequietwriter

@thequietwriter

What Swims On Uncharted World 550

by @thequietwriter

Biologist Elora Stevenson is sent to planet 550 to assist Dr

Biologist Elora Stevenson is sent to planet 550 to assist Dr. Williams and his team of scientists. When mysterious deaths and disappearances occur on the planet, Elora Stevenson is tasked with finding the reason for the murders. Elora and Sgt. Leray team up for the investigation. They find out that an alien dwells on the planet which is capable to influence Dr. Williams. But this isn't the only secret—in the course of the story we learn that behind the façade of Elora hides an alien agent with her own agenda on planet 550.

"What Swims on Uncharted World 550" is a science fiction tale that unites elements of mystery, murder, and dark humor. The characters are relatable and witty. The more you read, the more the plot thickens, until,you won't be able to put the story aside.

@thequietwriter delivers a fast-moving, breathtaking story in the science fiction sub-genre of space exploration. The story contains some violence and some romantic elements but is suitable for all audiences. If you are a fan of science fiction mysteries, I definitely recommend this story.

 If you are a fan of science fiction mysteries, I definitely recommend this story

📝 INTERVIEW with @thequietwriter 

Thank you for joining me on this interview with you!

📝 When did you start writing?

I first began writing around 2000. I loved reading as I was growing up, and the worst punishment was having my books taken away. A loophole I discovered was anything I wrote wasn't taken away, so I started creating my own worlds and characters.

📝 What made you write, What Swims on Uncharted World 550?

I took part in a writing challenge. The challenge was to be assigned a random cover, title, and pen name, and then write something that was at least ten thousand words long in two months. 2023 was kind of my year of "I'm going to accept any challenge that comes my way." What Swims on Uncharted World 550 was assigned to me. I'd had a vague idea bouncing around in my head for some time, and when I saw the cover, I knew I could put them together.

📝 When did you get into Science Fiction?

I grew up around science fiction, watching Star Trek with my dad and Star Wars with my brothers. I read a lot of books in both of those universes when I was a teenager, but not as much now.

📝 What do you usually write?

I usually write historical fiction with a hint of mystery.

📝 What is your writing process?

I usually start with a "What if" question. Like, what if there was a colony being terrorized on planet? And then I start to follow what the answer to that what if would be and the why's around it. Why don't they leave? Why are they there in the first place? I will usually write, not exactly an outline, but a list of scenes that get me from what I see as the beginning of the story to the end. Then, as I write, I fill in the details around those scenes and how they all work together.

📝 What is your favorite genre to read or write?

I definitely read mostly historical fiction, but I had so much fun with science fiction, think that might be my new favorite to write!

📝 Do you have any tips, for new writers' that wants to write ScienceFiction?

If you don't know some of the common tropes or clichés of the genre, learn them and then have fun with them! They'll make anything you write come alive! 

(Interview and review by TrickyKnowItAll)