Chapter 5

" How come that something so wrong feels so right ."

Deandre

Four months later

The guard sat his chair right at the front of my cell room and stared me down every second. He tapped his foot at a rhythm and kept giving me a slight smirk, I could just not read.

Meanwhile, Sean sat at the edge of his bed with his hands behind his head. A few seconds later, I watched as he did this routine he does every morning before he starts his day. He went down on the floor and did forty Push ups then headed over to his bed to mark down the days he has left.

I sighed to myself and began to mark off another day as well. I've officially spent four months in prison and although I haven't been in here that long, it feels like I've been in prison forever. My entire looks changed completely and much more differently. I now have a much fuller beard that I try my hardest to maintain whiles I'm in jail.

The only thing that probably hasn't changed is my smile. I've managed to keep up with my hygiene everyday but I can rarely deal with my beard because I don't have any tools to really shave it the way that I would love for it to be cut.

In the past few months, I've moved to a much more stricter prison & we aren't allowed to do anything that we could of got away with back at the old prison. We cannot do anything without the guards breathing down out necks and following us everywhere.

" Bro" I heard Sean said. Instantly I snapped out of my thoughts and gave him my undivided attention.

" What's good." I asked.

" Happy birthday my nigga." He said. I smirked a little and dapped him up.

" Can't believe I gotta spend my birthday in this shit." I said.

" Mr brown watch your language." The guard said.

" Fuck you, this ain't no damn school zone." I spat.

" You've just lost your phone privileges until further notice." The guard said. I shrugged him off and finished turned back to sean.

" How old did your old ass turned anyway." Sean asked.

" Twenty six." I said.

" Not bad." He answered. I shook my head and laid back down on the pillow. In the matter of seconds, I found myself back into my thoughts.

Not only is today my birthday but today makes Armoni seven months pregnant. I was told that today I would have to meet up with child services, to discuss what's going to happen to the kid.

It's official that I'm about to have a second child and I couldn't have been anymore happier. I'm just ready to get out of here and spend time with my kids. I don't think I can stay in here any longer because I'm about to be a father of two. Now if the situation was different whereas I didn't have any kids, I would have thug these three years out like a G.

My life feels so much better right now to know that I don't have such a heavy weight on my shoulders. Most of my troubles is dealing with Princess and our relationship, it's just to stressful. Princess hasn't spoken to me since I told her we're not getting back together.

Whenever I get a chance, I sneak an call Draya to check up on her and to make sure that she has everything she needs. Draya told me that Princess got her a phone just so she doesn't have to speak to me whenever I call for my daughter. Whenever I do decide to talk to Princess she ignores my call and sends me straight to voicemail.

I'm not chasing after anybody so she can be mad all she wants. She just doesn't understand that we don't need to be together. I know it's hard for her, shit it's hard for me too but I know it's for the best.