Chapter 19: The Wedding.

David and My mother were extremely anxious to get married. A couple of weeks after he proposed they got married. When I walked in on them they were almost finished planning the wedding. They had a place, dresses ordered and invitations being sent. They were picking out colors and arrangements for the ceremony and I was left in shock.

"What do you mean you're getting married?" I asked.

"Congratulations Mrs. Gilinsky!" Sammy joked and I nudged him in the ribs with my elbow.

"Oh thank you Sammy. Darling, this Is what I want. I love david." She said.

"And I love your mother." he said kissing her.

"Do you think its a little rushed?" I asked.

"No. When you know, you know. And David is who I want to spend the rest of my life with." My mom said.

I couldn't believe what was happening. I shook my head and dragged Sammy up stairs.

"Can you believe this!" I shouted to Sammy when we made it up to my bedroom.

"They're in love! Let your mom be happy babe." Sammy said.

"But what about my dad?!" I yelled.

"She's letting go. This is good for her. And you too, you need a father figure in your life." Sammy said.

Sammy was right but I didn't want him to be. The only father figure I want in my life is my father. I just sighed and sat down next to Sam.

"Im sorry this came as such a shock to you." He said putting his arm around me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me and Sammy were supposed to go to the wedding. Me and Sammy were supposed to be sitting next to eachother in the front row of my mothers wedding. Sammy and I were supposed to graduate together. We were supposed to stay together.

He never showed up for the wedding. He never showed up for school. And he failed text me or call me. I sat in my beautiful baby blue dress waiting for him to join me. The seat next to me remained empty during the entire ceremony. I watched as my mother kissed my new step dad and I watched as they exchanged vows. But I did this all alone. I watched painfully and I wished for Sammy to be next to me to support me. But he didn't show up. He just didn't.

"Where's Sammy?" My mother asks during the after party.

I shrugged, " Ive been trying to call him."

After the wedding David and my mother got onto a plane to Paris for their honey moon and I was left alone.

I puked after the wedding multiple times and I was beginning to worry. What if Sammy was hurt?

But at School the next day, Nate told me Sammy left for California.

"He didn't tell you?" Nate asked.

"Guess not.." I said looking down.

"Well that's a harsh break up." He said. "Sorry."

When I got home I tried calling him again and there was no answer. I puked again and then was very hungry. I've been puking way too often and eating way too much.

When was my last period?

I had gone 2 months. 2 whole months without my period. And I had no idea. I got so caught up with life that I forgot to keep track. I started to freak out questioning whether or not I was pregnant. Me and Sammy have only had sex twice and once was In Hawaii. It all added up. But I didn't want to believe it. I was under a lot of stress and sometimes that can push your period back. And that can make you vomit. I kept telling myself over and over it could just be stress but I feared it was a baby.

I called Sammy over and over and there was no answer. I drove to the nearest drug store and grabbed 4 pregnancy tests just to be sure. When I got home I sat on the toiled and stared at the boxes. I couldn't believe this was happening. I tried calling Sammy another time. There was still no answer. I texted him over and over again but he wasn't replying. I wanted to scream.

I stared at all 3 of the tests. There was no need for a fourth one. The answer was there right in front of me but I just couldn't grasp what it was saying.

Pregnant

That was that. I was utterly shocked and I cried. I sobbed. I didn't want to be a teenage mother. This isn't how I planned life would turn out. This isn't the way I want to live.