🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Jin Ling watched as his mom set up the fire and create a decent sized barrier surrounding them. Jin Ling sat down next to his mom. She laid down and smiled.

    "It's nice to have you with me again. Last time I had you with me is when you were a baby"

    She began telling him baby stories and Jin Ling listened.

     So far, things were going easy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     "Yea, Mei Fi ended up staying up late while Mai Li and I decided to raid his room and try on his "Drafts"-very pretty designs" Yan Li said.

    Jin Ling ended up asking all about her and she indeed told him-everything except parts related to her being a ghoul-she had to come up with a cover lie to make it seem believable. Yan Li surprised that battle field, but it was at the cost of her own humanity.

    Mai Li's theory was that Yan Li's body had to change completely in order to survive and continue living. Mei Fi didn't know how that was possible, but it was and it happened to Yan Li.

   Jin Ling smiled at the story.

    "You sound like you are a fun person"

    "Mn, before I disappeared for 13 years, I was sickly and therefore had no soothe movements in my body to do such fun activities like run or play" Yan Li started.

    She looked at her hand and moved her fingers around.

    "I've never felt so loose and free"

    Jin Ling watched as she smiled at her hand, more specifically how easy it was for her to move them. Yan Li looked at her son.

    "Be glad your father's genes were stronger than mine-or you would've had the same illness as me. It would've heavily messed up your ability to cultivate. I only learnt it 13 years ago" She said.

    Jin Ling could only nod.

    "Can you tell me about your childhood? How did you and dad meet?" Jin Ling asked, Fairy spread out on his lap receiving belly rubs.

    Yan Li smiled kindly and warmly.

    "My childhood? Well, I'm not sure how I was to A-Cheng and A-Xian-but I'd like to say I was kind, understanding, welcoming and supported the boys in everything they did."

    "A-Xian? Who's that?"

    Yan Li looked slightly taken aback.

    "You don't know him? He's Wei Ying or more commonly known as Wei Wuxian? Do you not know your uncle?" Yan Li asked, her brows furrowing a bit.

   Jin Ling shook his head.

   "Jiujiu does talk about a "Wei Wuxian"-all he says is that he's a good for nothing demonic cultivator who deserved to die-"

    "He's dead?" Yan Li asked, tensing up, thinking back on ho She literally sacrificed herself to save his life.

    "Yea? I think he died during the Massacre at the Nightless City-13 years to be in fact"

    As Jin Ling kept talking, Yan Li looked more and more grim.

    "Who killed him?" She asked, her voice grim and pained.

    She didn't practically allow herself to die just so he could die later on..

   "Jiujiu"