Chapter 2- Nico's P.O.V.

-Wednesday-

I shadow-travel into the Apollo cabin, wincing. My hands and knees are all busted up. I'm never going out on my own again. I'm so stupid.

"Will!" I call out, bracing myself with my sword even though my hands hurt. I need to stay upright somehow. Apparently, I can't do that.

"Woah, are you okay?" Kayla comes over. Not Will.

"I need a medic." I explain simply.

"I can help you!" Chante says, jumping out of her bed and rushing over too.

"NO!" I snap at her, glaring, and she stops moving immediately, "You stay back. I need Will."

"Um, Will isn't here, Nico. He left yesterday morning...?" Kayla tells me.

"Left?! To go where?!" He didn't tell me he had anywhere he needed to be.

"I'm not sure, I think maybe his mom's...?" She blinks. "He just left me in charge."

"His mom's!? Did something happen?"

She shrugs. "I'm not sure, he didn't seem to be in a particular rush... hey Austin? Did Will tell you why he left?"

"No." Austin says, not moving from where he is.

"He said he was going because she's in New York anyway." Chante says, "...his mom has a show tonight."

I'm fuming. How could he do this?! We haven't talked since our argument, but, still... What if I really needed him?

"Why don't you just let one of us help you out? That looks like it hurts." Kayla says.

"No, stay back..." I say again.

"Okay, okay. I won't make you. I just don't know exactly where Will is, so I can't help you there." She says calmly.

"I need to know exactly where he is."

"I don't know. Just wherever his mom is staying in New York. Chante, did you know...?" Kayla tries, looking over at her instead.

"I know where she's performing." She says hesitantly.

"There you go. That's the best we can do for you." Kayla tells me.

"Tell me!" I demand.

"You're going to shadow-travel there! You're too tired. You can't do that. Even I know that." Chante says.

"If he shadow-travels there without knowing, it'll be worse." Kayla tells her.

"I am going either way, you can either help or make things harder!" I agree.

Chante takes a step back away from me. "Okay, fine!" She manages, her eyes going wide. She tells me where to go, and I don't waste another second before shadow-traveling myself there.

As expected, I collapse immediately. "Will!" I call out again.

The acoustic guitar and the woman singing comes to an abrupt stop. I don't have time to say or do anything else, losing consciousness.

...

I wake up to my lovely boyfriend's face, glaring down at me like he's going to kill me. He's simultaneously wrapping my hands in gauze and giving me that death stare.

I blink up at him. Fuck... I'm completely exhausted. It sure is a good thing I could find him even though he left me.

"Good, you're awake. I need you to follow my finger with your eyes." He says flatly, before moving his hand up and waving his finger back and forth. "I don't think you hit your head, but I need to check."