12. Disney Princess

"I love you!"

"Do you really love me?"

"Yes! Yes! And Yes!!"

A melodious song followed this sweet confession and an echo of delightful cheers spread everywhere as the movie finally came to its happy ending.

"Omg, I was so scared they wouldn't be together in the end," Jessica excitedly said as we climbed down the stairs to leave the movie theater.

"But I knew it from the beginning because it's a rom com," I remarked.

"I know, but I was still very anxious."

Jessica only liked movies that had a happy ending. She also watched shows that made her smile and where the world was like a utopia-too perfect and without any concerns or sadness because that's how her real world also was and possibly the only one she ever knew.

"I am very thirsty, can we get a coke or something?" I said.

"Yes me too. Let's go over there." Jessica pointed to the food counter before we started walking.

As we both placed our orders and waited for our drinks, I couldn't help but look at how beautiful Jessica looked in her short light blue dress and with her long locks hanging like shiny waves.

She was like a Disney princess out of a movie. Whereas I was standing in my simple grey hoodie and black pants. Perhaps I looked more like a Disney villain, but maybe even they dressed more iconically than me.

"It was such a fun movie and I really enjoyed it today with you," I told Jessica grabbing my icy coke. "Thank you so much for planning this."

"I should thank you for accompanying me," she replied kindly and a sense of warmth spread throughout me but it became even warmer when I looked at the reflection before me.

"Chase?" I exclaimed turning around.

"Hi, Emma," he said as he took some steps towards me, dressed in a blue shirt and beige pants, causing me to lose my grip on my coke.

"Oh no!" Jessica cried. "Your drink is on the floor."

"That's too bad," Chase said before I could respond. "But don't worry, you could have plenty more drinks."

"More drinks?" I asked.

"Yes, there's a party at Hexton's house today. Would you like to go with me?"

With him?

"Yes we are ready!"

No sooner had Jessica enthusiastically screamed out her answer than we were already in Chase's luxurious car as he drove us to the party.

I had not been to any parties since that nightmarish night two years ago. Today also I was anxious and hesitant to say yes but I didn't say no because I was with my best friend Jessica and the Chase Rivers. I had no reason to be scared.

And also, because I just wanted to be in Chase's presence, and didn't want to miss any opportunity that offered me a reason to spend time with him.

"Hey Chase, a little late to the party?" Hexton said as he welcomed us inside his lavish apartment, that was filled with guests and echoing with loud music.

"Right on time," Chase joked.

"It's so freaking cool here," Jessica shouted with excitement.

And for me, I felt a sudden wave of overwhelming nervousness as I took in the noisy atmosphere of the party. Bringing flashbacks and traumatic memories from the past.

"Don't be nervous, I am here," Chase whispered as I felt him holding my shaky hand.

And that was enough to reassure me for the whole evening.