A knock on the door

(I'M SORRY THIS IS PROLLY VERY INNACCURATE ON MANY LEVELS BUT I WAS BORED)

The doorbell sounded, followed by angry pounding on the door. "Open the door, stupid mackerel!" An angry, muffled voice shouted. Dazai sighed. His fingers absently turned the page of his book. "Yeah yeah, I'm coming, Chibi!" He yelled back. More pounding. "Don't call me that! Hurry up, both the agency and the mafia need us to do this." Dazai grumbled to himself. It seemed the short angry chibi would never  let him finish his book. He put the book down on the coffee table, then lazily got to his feet and stretched. He walked over to the door and opened it. Chuuya stood before him, his orange hair in his eyes and his hat low over his face. "Took long enough. Let's go." He grumbled. "Tsk, always in such a hurry." Dazai remarked. Chuuya rolled his eyes. "Whatever." He checked his phone. "Boss sent me the address some time ago." He told Dazai the address. "Fukuzawa-kun told me this as well, but he didn't elaborate anything. What exactly do we do once we are there?" Asked Dazai. "We have to watch the children living there. They didn't even tell you this much?" Replied Chuuya. Dazai rolled his eyes. "Just my luck I got stuck babysitting with you." "Shut up. We need to do it because we're keeping tabs on their parents. This is helpful for both our agencies." "I suppose we do work pretty well together." Dazai admitted begrudgingly. They had been walking down the street, and Chuuya took a sudden stop in front of a large, white house with peeling white paint, green shutters, a wraparound porch, and a green door. "Quite the first impression." Remarked Chuuya. "They must not have enough money to take care of it properly. I wonder if the kids are ok." Thought Dazai out loud. Chuuya strolled up to the house and rung the doorbell. "Anyone home? We're the babysitters." He called. Dazai smirked and snuck up behind the shorter person. He snatched the hat off of his head. "Wha-Hey! Give that back!" Exclaimed Chuuya, whirling around and grabbing at Dazai for the hat. "Come get it yourself." Taunted Dazai. He raised the hat higher out of Chuuya's reach, a grin on his face. "Give it back, stupid fish!" Yelled Chuuya, red faced. "Aww, Chibiko-kun wants his hat back but is too short to get it." Laughed Dazai. Chuuya stopped fighting for the hat and looked at Dazai, knowing that if he struggled more he would only raise the hat higher. Dazai looked stupidly happy in that moment, laughing as he held the hat out of reach of Chuuya's hands, sunlight illuminating his face. He looked...Kind of pretty? Chuuya shook his head. Was he seeing things? He blinked and the weird feeling evaporated. Maybe I am hallucinating. Dazai noticed that Chuuya had stopped fighting him for the hat, and slowly lowered his arms. "What is it, Chibi?" He asked. "It's nothing. Now give me back my hat!" Said Chuuya, reaching for it again. Dazai quickly raised his hand above Chuuya's short height. "Ah, ah, ah! Think you could trick me into giving it back?" He teased. Chuuya stood on his tiptoes to try to reach, his face bright red. He lost his balance and toppled into Dazai, the two landing in a heap on the cement ground. "Ugh-what was that for, slug?" Exclaimed Dazai. "It was your fault! You took my hat away! Give it back!" Shot back Chuuya. They didn't notice the door to the house in front of them creak open slightly, three pairs of wide brown eyes staring at them as they bickered. The three kids looked at each other, then at the pair arguing on the floor. 

"...Are they our babysitters?" Asked the eldest, a daughter. 

"I think so." Replied the middle, a boy.

"Life is meaningless, we will all disappear to the void soon enough." Remarked the youngest, a daughter, or so the other two thought. The girl and the boy stared at her. She was always saying random things like this, it unsettled the both of them, but they loved her nonetheless. They continued watching as Dazai and Chuuya realised they were being gazed upon. "Shit, did they see all of that?" Said Chuuya, embarrassed. "Don't use such language in front of the kids!" Scolded Dazai. "And since when do you care about the vocabularies of children?" Grumbled Chuuya. Dazai opened his mouth to argue when he was interrupted by the three kids. "Are you going to fight like an old married couple or actually babysit us like your supposed to?" Exclaimed the youngest. The others stared at her, then agreed. 

"Yeah, hurry up!"

"We get that you both are hopelessly in love, but sheesh, the whole world doesn't need to know!"

Chuuya's jaw dropped. "Hah, ok, first of all, we are not in-" But he was cut off by Dazai. "Yeah yeah, whatever. We're here now, aren't we? Did your parents already leave, or do we need to talk to them first before coming in?" He asked, all business. "They left. We've been waiting for ten whole minutes." Said the middle. "Mhm, such a long time, I'm sure." Grumbled Dazai. At that moment, Dazai and Chuuya had the exact same thought; This mission is already a fail. They looked at each other and almost conveyed a message via eye contact. It went something like this:

Chuuya: Now what? This is basically a massive waste of time. The only reason we're even here is to talk to their parents and gain intel. 

Dazai: We can't just leave them like this, it just feels wrong. I suppose we'll have to babysit them anyway. 

Chuuya: I suppose...