[female lead background]

Her leg rocked back and forth as she sat on the old chair on the deck, perched precariously close to the pool.

She wore a pair of black christian louboutins and a matching dress, her head resting against the chair as she smoked a cigar.

The sight of her, so composed and detached, told me that my worst nightmare was about to begin.

My father approached the door and opened it, revealing a tall figure with messy hair and a tired expression plastered on his face.

He passed by me, rubbing my head absentmindedly before heading off to his office. She stood up, grabbed her bag, gave me a quick, perfunctory kiss on the forehead, and walked out the door.

I was wrong. This time, there was no arguing, no crying, nothing. But that day was the last time I would see those heels or hear her voice.

My mother left us without any anticipation or second thoughts. She just left.

The worst betrayal of my life. The woman who was supposed to keep me safe and stay by my side abandoned me without looking back once.

After that, my father became my world.

He spent day and night taking care of me and running his company, trying to fill the void she left. But the stress and the heartbreak took their toll. He passed away when I turned 16, leaving me more alone than ever.

In the aftermath of his death, they tried to put me up for adoption. By "they," I mean his girlfriend, who claimed to be his common-law wife, and my so-called stepmother.

It was ironic. She had discarded any child she had and thought she could try that with me. But she was 16 years too late.

Plan B wouldn't do the job this time. I was the heir to his empire, and I will claimed my spot.

But before I could secure what was rightfully mine, I was sent to a boarding school in the UK. That's where I am now, haunted by memories and the crushing weight of abandonment.

The boarding school is a far cry from the life I once knew.

The gray, oppressive skies mirror the emptiness I feel inside. The cold, unwelcoming walls of the dormitory close in on me each night, amplifying my loneliness.

Every morning, I wake up to the same bleak routine, my father's absence a constant ache, my mother's betrayal an unhealed wound.

The other students go about their lives, oblivious to the darkness that shadows mine.

They laugh, make friends, and plan for a future that feels unreachable to me. My life has been a series of departures and losses, each one cutting deeper than the last.

Now, I exist in a world that feels disconnected and foreign, a boarding school in the UK that serves as a reminder of all I've lost.

The echoes of the past reverberate through my mind, each memory a painful reminder of love lost and trust broken.

My mother's cold detachment, my father's desperate attempts to keep us afloat, and finally, his absence-all of it has shaped the hollow shell I've become. Each day is a struggle to find meaning in a life that has been marked by abandonment and betrayal, and the darkness of those memories casts a long shadow over any hope I might have had.

THIS IS THE BACKGROUND STORY OF THE MAIN FEMALE CHARACTER IN THIS BOOK. [NOT AN ACTUAL CHAPTER]