Chapter Five

Zahara's POV

I walked into the coffee shop to meet my high school best friend, Soph. We had to reschedule the coffee because something came up on Soph's side and Zion couldn't come this time cause he was sick so Soph's brother didn't either.

"Hey! Oh my God you look sooooo good!" Soph exclaimed as she got up from her chair.

"Thank you! Same to you." I smiled as we pulled apart from the hug and she went to go and sit down.

"So how's Connecticut been so far?" Soph questioned.

"It's been good the foods nice and so are most of the people but the weather.." I answered.

"Yeah it's not anything close to California weather." Soph giggled.

"How's Yale?" I asked.

"Amazing. I wish you committed here instead of Stanford originally so we could've both dominated the athletics here." Soph answered.

"Yeah, our new teammate Kaitlyn Chen who played for Princeton told me Yale's basketball teams is pretty good."

"Yeah but definitely not as good as Uconn.. I think the only team on yalls level is South Carolina and maybe USC to be honest." Soph responded.

"Well we're not playing like that right now." I sighed.

"Yeah I watched the loss the other night.. It was weird seeing you and Paige back on the court together."

"We're or well we were amazing on the court together in high school so I thought we'd be the same way after I apologized and stuff but she's not budging." I replied.

"Well I mean you can't expect her to just forgive you that easily. I mean you broke her heart for some reason I myself don't even know and then you guys didn't see each other for like 3 years maybe. You can't just expect her to accept your apology immediately. I mean look at the mess I was after my breakup with Josh.. a man. I thought I was gonna die of heartbreak until I got into my first wlw relationship and I genuinely felt paralyzed after that breakup." Soph rambled and I nodded with her points.

"Yeah you're probably right.. but wait you're into women?"

"I'm Pansexual but I am single right now so if you have any friends please send them my way!" Soph answered.

"I definitely will." I grinned.

**********

The coffee meet up with Soph ended after around an hour and it was very needed. After that I decided to stop by and see Zion and drop off some medicine for him and beg him to come with me to our away game.

"Zion please!! You're my best friend and manager, you have to be there!" I yelled.

"I can't. I still don't feel 100% and I'm not just gonna go and get others sick."

"But it's our first away game! You'll get to go on a chartered flight and stay in a hotel!" I pleaded.

"The only reason you are wasting your time begging with me is because your anxiety has you worrying about how Paige is going to be during this trip. So my advice to you is go take your Zoloft, breathe, and kick North Carolina State University's ass."

"Fine. Your medicines on the counter and please be rested up for the next away game."

"Thank you and have fun!" Zion said as I opened the apartment door.

"Bye!"

I went to the parking garage and went to hop in my car and drive back home. When I walked into the house Paige was sitting on the living room couch.