Teresa deserved better

Welcome or welcome back to whatever this is guys!

I see these TikToks from time to time where people hate on Teresa like it is their goal in life to make her seem like the worst person on earth.

I just always get so mad at the comments and everyone agreeing to it that I wanted to share my opinion:))

Okay so first of all Teresa is 16-17 years old. She's practically a child. The only people who taught her anything about the world were the people from wicked. They were adults and she grew up with them. Of course she begins to think what they do is right after time.

Now people often say that this is no apology for her decision because thomas and the other gladers didn't let themselves get manipulated.
But people react differently to things. Not everyone is the same. She also got there at a very young age and was parted from the other girl, completely isolated.

And before that her whole family and her friends died in front of her eyes, leaving her in the most cruel way possible.

She saw the worst things the flare did and she began to hate it, probably even more than others.

Then at wicked people are always relying on her and giving her many tasks and a lot of responsibility. This obviously makes her feel like whatever she does and the decisions she makes matter a lot and influence the people around her.

When she betrays Thomas and the other gladers you can see that she feels very very upset about it. She didn't want to do it. She thought she had to because she wanted to help the world.

She chose the world over a group of people.

In my opinion in the movies as well as in the books you can see that she deeply cares about the wellbeing of other people, especially thomas.

She always tries her best and makes hard decisions.

After all she just did what she thought was the only way.

I think saying she deserved to die isn't okay.

ALSO you can be mad at her all you want to but even Minho (who had to go through the worst), vince (who lost mary) and Brenda who didn't like Teresa held out their hands for her to take them.
They didn't want her to die.
Even Thomas forgave her.

And she apologised at the end and tried to help newt and saved Thomas's life.

Use your brain people.
<33

Okay gn
xx