Down Below

It was a cold rainy night in the forest in the mortal realm. While standing in the heart of said forest an old man with a long black cloak and a skull mask lowers his hand making circles on the ground with a stick. After about 5 minutes of this, the pattern of circles start to glow. With a big Rumble & a bigger CRACK! The earth opened and ate this old man alive.

Once he was underground and the opening had closed, the old man seemed to be in an elevator. With the number only going from 1 to -7. With the opening now closed the old man chose to go to level 0.

When the elevator stoped on level 0 the first thing to be seen is a lavish building that looks as if it could be a billionaires house but, upon entering it is nothing but a work place with many waiting lines and doors to offices. And even with the quiet chaos that is happening all around this man weaved himself tru the people and to an office door that is in the farther back. Then with a knock the doors open to the office.

"You called for me sir?" The old man says in a deep smooth voice as he walks thru the doors threshold.

"Ah- yes I did call for you John was it?" Sir said in response to the man's question.

"Yes it is. I am he" the old man- John said calmly "so what exactly did you need from me sir?"

"Ah- yes that It has come to my attention that in all the time you've been doing your job as a grim reaper you've never had a work partner. Is this true?" Sir says as takes a seat in his seat behind his desk.

"Yes, that statement is true. I've never had a work partner."

"Well may I ask why it is you've never had a work partner?" Sir asked curiously

"I must admit it was quite a long time ago but apparently there was no angelic match for me and since the system was new they let me slide." As John was saying this with a calm deep voice sir was thinking on how that was possible for there to be no match.

"Ah- well ok I guess that makes sense but as of recently they made it mandatory that all reapers have an angelic assistant or partner for work. But unlike in the start of the program-agreement thing whatever you want to call it we just have to pair you up with whoever is available" sir sighs "so take these papers it's about your new partner and no you can't change your partner everything is final that is- that is unless one of you two die."

John extends his arms to grab the papers while saying in a sarcastic tone "well that sounds fun" he sighs "oh and one question?"

"Ah- yes ask away."sir says arching his brow.

"Why did the angelic system even start?"

"Oh- well that my friend can only be answered by the two big bosses themselves. Because me and all the other assistants are as clueless as all the workers. Well anyways have a nice day I need to call in other people. good evening."

"Ok good evening to you too." John says as walks out the door closing it gently not to disturb the quiet chaos happening all around.