048. the bunker

"Ooh. What about this one?" JJ asks. "Sunny two bedroom, it's close to work, and it's in your price range."

"Garcia, you're moving?" Matt asks, walking over to JJ's desk. "You don't like change."

"That's true. Change is my kryptonite." Penelope confirms. "But the apartment is no longer a sanctuary. I have a new neighbor. Window's right here. He enjoyed doing naked kung fu."

"Ew." Bedelia grimaces.

"Yeah." Penelope nods. "Some things you cannot unsee. And besides, Sergio and I need more room for our things."

"Your cat has things?" Luke asks, standing next to Matt.

"Yeah." Penelope nods like it's obvious.

"Kristy and I can't take two steps in our house without tripping over the kids' toys." Matt says.

"Yeah, tell me about it." JJ says.

"You'd think there wouldn't be much for one kid -- who is three. You'd be wrong." Bedelia remarks.

"Guys, I read about a guy in California who only has 79 items to his name, including his underwear." Spencer states.

"I am all for living with only the things you really need." Luke says.

"Amen. Me, too, right?" Penelope agrees. The others share looks, Spencer and Bedelia sharing an amused look. "What?"

"How many fuzzy pens, unicorn statues, mermaid paperweights does one need at her desk?" Matt asks.

"All of them." Penelope declares. Bedelia softly laughs. "What?"

"Garcia, round up Dave and Tara. We have a case." Emily says as she walks out of her office.

"Yeah." She says.

~ ~ ~

"Virginia state police have asked for our help." Emily says. "It seems 3 young women have gone missing under similar circumstances in the last 5 years."

"And why are we just hearing about this now?" Matt asks.

"Well, our field office in Richmond was called in to consult, but they haven't been able to crack it, and last night a fourth woman went missing." Emily says.

"Yeah. That would be Allie Leighton, 29 years old." Penelope says. "She disappeared on her way home from work. Her car was found in a nearby parking garage by the restaurant where she's the head chef."

"What time was this?" Matt asks.

"Just after midnight." Luke says.

"Robbery doesn't seem to be a motive." Rossi says. "Her bag was still there with her wallet and phone inside."

"The same could be said for the disappearance of Dr. Roberta Childs, an obstetrician, in 2012." Penelope says.

"Yeah, she was last seen leaving work after the night shift." JJ says. "Her car and personal belongings were found inside the hospital parking garage."

"Two different garages, but it could be the unsub's preferred hunting grounds." Rossi says.

"Yeah, but it looks like the victim taken after Dr. Childs was abducted during a home invasion." Tara says.

"Yes. Diane Pearl, 26. Schoolteacher." Penelope says.

"In 2013, a side door was jimmied, setting off her home alarm at 11:52 P.M. Nothing was taken." Matt says.

"Nothing but Diane." Rossi says.

"In 2015, a dentist, Elise Waterston. She disappeared from her office after working late one night." Luke says.