Context

Ok, so for those of you who don't know, this takes place in an era with both Feudal Japan, Victorian England, and Wild West elements. Admittedly, I added the Wild West parts, but still. 

There's this Sorceress trapped in the spirit world w/ her boyfriend (Sorcerer I think) after a battle with her brothers. There's also nine gates around Norrisville being the only way to get between worlds. Even though these gates are protected by the Sorceress' brother (there were more brothers, but they died after fighting their sister), stuff like Yokai (Demons) and Stank gas is always getting through.

With all this evil getting through, a bunch of spirit creatures make a Ninja Mask to help the Sorceress' brother on the physical plane. Whenever a ninja dies, he or she are sent to this spirit temple place, with the mask being given to the person declared to be their heir. The Nomicon is a direct link to the temple, with past ninjas being able to teach whoever is using the Nomicon.

There's also a team of Yokai fighters, who help the Ninja wherever they can. In this AU it consists of Viceroy (inventor), Howard (Archer), Debbie Kang (Gunner), Heidi (Naginata, search it up) and Randy (strategist/book guy/ secretly the ninja). They're also looking for a musician to help calm the Yokai.

Other things to mention:

all Norrisville students are 23, at least w/ Howard, Randy, Debbie, and Theresa.

Theresa is violinist now.

Viceroy is Randy's godfather and was his primary caretaker after Randy's mom died.

Again, Flightlessribbons on Tumblr made this AU, go check her out.