Chapter Twenty-Four - Y/n

-⚠️fighting, mentions of abuse and sexual assault, jail, drinking, and other drugs⚠️-

Billie went on stage about thirty minutes ago, and Claudia and I are just here talking like we always. I just can't get the conversation Gia and I had the other day. I still don't remember much of last summer. I also still don't get why it matters still. It couldn't have been so bad that Liam had to start treating me like shit. Claudia is still talking away. I'm trying to listen, but I just can't. She's talking about an interaction she and Finneas had a few years ago, but I really couldn't care. Not at the moment, anyway.

"Y/n?" She says, and I look at her. "Y/n,"

"Huh, what?"

"Are you even listening to me?" She asks.

"Uh, yeah. Something about an interaction you and Finneas had," she sighs.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing. I'm just tired. Why do you ask that?"

"I don't know. You just seemed to be deep in thought. Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't it be okay?"

"I mean, I know Billie thinks something is wrong?"

"What?" She gave me a confused look.

"She hasn't talked to you?" I shake my head. "Not surprising. She's not great at communicating how she feels. I'm not gonna say anything, but I will say that you should probably talk to her." She tells me. I roll my eyes.

"Why do people keep telling me to talk to someone about shit? Why can't people just use their words and talk about what's bothering them?" I say. I know that was too much, but I'm tired of having to be the one to communicate first.

"What? Y/n, what's happening?" Claudia asks.

"Nothing. Nothing. Don't worry about it. I just have a lot on my mind, and I'm trying to figure shit out,"

"Figure what out?"

"I don't want to talk about it,"

"Is it something to do with Billie? Did something happen between you two?"

"What? No, we're fine. It's other things. Shit with a friend of mine. It's," I stop.

"It's what?" I remember. "Y/n, what?"

"I gotta go," I say and quickly get up, grabbing my things and leaving.

"Where are you going!" Claudia yells at me, but I ignore her. I gotta find Liam.

I knock on Liam's apartment door. Nothing. So I knocked again and louder this time. Still nothing. I sigh. I saw his car outside. I know he's here. I start banging on the door.

"Okay, okay, I'm coming! Jesus Christ," I hear Liam yell. About ten seconds later, the door opens. "What are you doing here?" He asks, giving me a weird look.

"I need to talk to you,"

"About what?" He asked, annoyed.

"Can you let me in?" He rolls his eyes and lets me in. I look over and see Michael sitting on the couch. He waves at me, and I give a small wave back.

"What do you need to talk to me about?" I look at him.

"I wanted to talk to you about the other day," he sighs.

"What about it?"

"I wanted to apologize. But I also want to hear an apology from you,"

"From me? I didn't do anything. It's not my fault you're a baby, and you don't like hearing the truth,"