Chapter 27

Beom-seok was stunned. He stood in the same spot, staring down at his screen with his mouth hung, for so long that Min-jun had to ask him what was wrong. The boy’s eyes started tearing up. He let himself be agitated over that stupid follow request for so long, it drove him restless, insane. He sent a quick reply to the man who was looking at him with a worried expression and went back to his phone, stalking Su-ho’s account, basically.

There were not any recent posts or anything but just watching the old ones made Beom-seok nostalgic and got him self-reflecting on how he treated the people who cared for him most. He had one good thing going in life, two people who were there for him and helped him through tough times and he screwed that over because of his own insecurities. He got emotional and went to his bedroom, leaving Min-jun alone in the living room.

.

.

.
Gun-woo was working with Si-eun who was getting significantly better while Woo-sik was having a conversation about nothing special with Su-ho over their little break. The second boy was getting to use his strength more and more. His physical therapy ended a couple of days back which made him extra happy. The moment his restrictions were lifted he and Si-eun went immediately to the gym and the guys had to calm excited Su-ho down and tell him to not overdo it.

Si-eun and Gun-woo made their way to the other two, them too taking a break.

“What are you two talking about?” asked Gun-woo once they sat down.

“Aw, it’s nothing really. I was telling Su-ho about a match I had once with this guy that was double my size.” Woo-sik started, “He is so sweet he thought I won.” he said and made all of them erupt into fits of laughter.

“Hyung, I’m curious, what happened?”

“What do you think happened? I got my ass kicked. It was one of my first ever matches, I had no actual experience.” he took a sip of his energy drink, “My point is that failing is fine. You learn from your mistakes, they make you better.”

“That can only apply to sports, not reality.” said Si-eun looking down. “ Failing can cost you going to university, your job, your life.” There was a moment of silence. Su-ho looked at him and then stood up.

“You can’t spend your life being pessimistic.” He went over and took his hand dragging him to stand up. “That’s why people train so hard, practise makes perfect.'' He smacked Si-eun’s butt and moved behind him, pushing him back into the gym. The guys followed behind them, seeming their break was over.

Later on the same day, the two boys went back to Si-eun’s house ready for their Sunday sleepover. Supposedly, his father would be back to drive them to school in the morning but just in case he wouldn’t be, Si-eun had informed his mother to be on standby.

.

.

.

Won-sik was in his living room just resting after his workout. Chang-ae walked in like he owned the place and sat next to him. “I have the CCTV footage you asked for.” he said.

“Hey Won-sik, how was your day pal? Oh, hi Chang-ae. My day has been great so far, how about you?” the man said, rolling his eyes.

“My day was busy. Here’s the footage you asked for.” he placed the flash drive on the coffee table in front of them.

“Okay, gather the team for orders. We should move onto the next phase of our plan.” he said, his voice suddenly dropping an octave.

“Are you feeling alright?” Chang-ae asked as he sensed that his friend was struggling with something.