𝚇𝙸𝙸𝙸

Yᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟʏ . 𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓉𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝑜𝓇 𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝒹𝒾𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓃𝓉; 𝒶𝒷𝓈𝑒𝓃𝓉-𝓂𝒾𝓃𝒹𝑒𝒹

𝐎𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯

The car doesn't really improve all weekend; I surely have to adapt a lot, but a lot of changes are needed if we want to be compatible from the start of the season.

I walked out of the McLaren Motorhome, having changed back into a team kit instead of my driving suit, and the debrief was finally over. Lando was talking to George; they did that a lot this weekend. Just as I was about to join them, Cassidy and Jack walked towards them.

She smiled and shook Lando's hand, clearly introducing herself to my teammate. I stared at them for a few seconds before turning around and making my way to the parking lot. I had not really anticipated Lando being seriously interested in Cassidy.

And if that truly is the case, Lando might have a better shot than I have.

I was glad that the testing weekend was on the same circuit as the season's opening race next weekend; this way, I only had to spend my week at the hotel without too much traveling already.

"Hey Oscar, wait up!" I heard behind me and turned around. "How are you?"

"Oh, hey, Lewis," I smiled at the multiple-world champion. "I'm alright, thanks. You?"

"I'm good; excited for the season to start," he smiled back at me. "Have you seen Cassidy around, too?"

"Wh— what?"

"Oh, man, don't deny it. I saw you staring at her in the club months ago."

"Oh," I stammered. "No, I'm not denying anything. I saw her at the Mercedes... I'm assuming you had something to do with it?."

"A little part. I introduced her to Toto; she did the rest herself. She's amazing with kids," Lewis explained, and I nodded.

"Yeah, I saw her interact with Jack. You're a true friend, Lewis. Creating this opportunity for her."

"How much do you know about her?"

I raised my eyebrow, "Not much. I saw her at the club; she caught my attention because I recognized her a few days earlier. Nothing more."

I hoped Cassidy had not told Lewis about the actual situation, about me thinking she's a cheater.

"Okay, just checking," he raised his hand in the air, laughing. "You'll be seeing her a lot more now."

I laughed in response, "I sure hope so," I admit, and Lewis winked at me.

"Just tell me if I need to set anything up."

I shook my head, "Thank you, Lewis, but I think I will just take it one step at a time, and for now, my focus is on the start of the season."

Lewis laughed again, "Of course. On to a good season," he patted me on my shoulder and walked towards the parking lot.

I waited for a few seconds before following him there. Seeing Lando talk with Cassidy after he confessed that he might try his shot made me feel uneasy.

Not jealous. Just uneased.

A knock on the door made me get up from my bed; I had changed into something comfortable and was ready to head to bed early, not expecting any visitors.

"Lando?" I asked when I saw my teammate on the other side of the door.

"Bro, what are you wearing? We're going out!"

I shook my head, "I'm not going out."

"Ah, come on! It's gonna be fun," he pleaded. "Cassidy is gonna be there, too."

I swallowed, trying to mask my peaked curiosity, "Cassidy?"

Lando rolled his eyes, "The Mercedes chick. Pretty, brownish hair. Babysitting Toto's kid."

"Oh wow, you sure do know a lot about her."

Lando chuckled, "You want me to continue? She's 22 years old, studied event management, and knows Lewis personally," he stated, and my unease was peaking. "She loves kids, even has a baby sister... fuck, what was her name again?"

Lilly.

"Something with an -L," Lando kept thinking out loud. "Lilly! Her little sister is named Lilly. And she babysat Lewis' niece and nephew."

She is babysitting Jack; she is not going out tonight. Right?

"Boring," Lando sighed. "Guess I will not go out tonight either."

"Do you... do you need some company?" I stepped aside and opened my door more. Lando nodded and walked in.

"Thanks," he muttered.

"What's going on?" I asked, walking to the mini bar and grabbing a small bottle of water. "Wanna talk about it?"

Lando sighed deeply, "I don't know," he turned around and opened the door. "I shouldn't have come here."

"Hey, if you're struggling with something..."

"Forget it, Oscar. If there's something, I have other people I will talk to."

With a loud thud, the door closed again.

A/N: More updates coming soon! Thank you for the support 🫶🏼