And You Go to Sleep

Killua
I hear Gon's breathing slow down and know it means he's fallen asleep.

He's... He's so peaceful looking. I examine him further... The features of his face, and how they are. Just checking for signs of having a nightmare, that's all.

His eyebrows lifted right below his forehead, unfurrowed. Good, because it probably means he isn't having a nightmare. Let's hope all of his features are showing the same.

His eyes colored brown were now closed. Only the creases of his eyelids were visible now. No force-closed eyes, that's good...

His perfect little button nose is breathing in softly, and the wind flowing in and out of it adds a light whistle sound to the room. The bridge isn't scrunched, so...

His face cheeks, they're relaxed and not pale, still as sunkist as usual. I wonder if instead of kissing his forehead, I kissed-? No.! No-no-no-! Nevermind.

His lips. I feel weird if I stare at them for too long. Like I have a sudden urge to touch them... I cover my own mouth with my hand because of the sudden thought that infected my brain and consumed all of my thoughts: What if I touched his lips with mine-?

What if I kissed him?

Absolutely not... Nope! That would not end well... He probably wouldn't understand what it meant, he's so innocent... He would probably start kissing me sometimes, not realizing how teasing it is...

If I touched my lips on his... If I kissed him... That would only happen if I found out his feelings and he liked me...

But why am I obsessing over this? Probably because of my big crush on him... Damn...

But, if he doesn't like me like that... Just the thought makes me sad. I wouldn't be able to handle it if he rejected me. Honestly, I'd probably attempt again.

Gon's my only worth in this life... So to prevent that, I won't confess. But still... I want just one kiss... One kiss is all it takes for me to be content. If he doesn't like the kiss, that's a whole different, worse-ending story.

Maybe I should just ask him. He'd probably say yes. Getting the courage to ask might be a problem, but other than that...

I could hug him and kiss his neck, and he'd ask what I'm doing, or won't notice. He's badly attentive, I doubt he will...

Or I could ask if he thinks getting kissed on the cheek would cause dreams too, instead of just no nightmares or dreams from a kiss on the forehead.

Or...

I could try all 3...

438 Words