Origins

It was a cold winter night when I met him. The chill of the wind unforgiving as I walked through the streets of New York, my thick coat held close to my body for warmth. I had been walking for so long, my legs straining to hold me up any longer. He noticed me. I can't explain why but he did. His cold gaze softened, for just a moment. I would never have noticed if he hadn't made the decision to speak to me. "are you okay?" He asked. I gazed up at him in confusion, barely processing what he'd said, my brain clouded by my thoughts "what?" I asked the handsome stranger, my voice hoarse. A hint of amusement washed over him, concern laced into it. "You're crying, Mia cara." I touched my hand to my cheek, I hadn't even noticed the tears streaming down my face. "Oh." I said simply, averting my gaze to the pavement at my feet. I would've normally been embarrassed, rushing to hide away, but for some reason I was compelled to stand there with him. I stood there stupidly, not even sure why I was here, or why this handsome stranger was speaking to me at all. Why would someone like him care if someone like me was upset? "Here.." he said, offering me his hand. "It's cold out here, a beautiful woman like you doesn't deserve to stand in the cold." Against my better judgement, I let him lead me inside his apartment. My mind flooding with all the possibilities of what could happen. Why was I here? Why was I letting this stranger take me into his home? In the back of my head I knew I should run as fast as my legs could take me, but something drew me in. The apartment had an air of quiet luxury to it. The lights were dim, yet inviting. He led me by my hand to the living room, gesturing for me to take a seat on the plush velvet sofa in the center of the room. "Why are you helping me?" I asked. His eyebrows knitted together as he pondered my question. "I'm not sure. There is just something about you Mia cara. I can't put my finger on it" he said, stopping to think for a moment. "Maybe it's my honor, but I can't stand to see a beautiful woman in such distress"

(Authors note)
Woohoo!!! First chapter done! I'll be updating every Sunday and probably more during the week if my schedule allows. I hope you enjoyed the first chapter, please stay tuned for more!!!