I'm Gonna Put You Down For A While (Smut)

After spending four years in a relationship in which affection was withheld from her as a form of punishment, there was one thing that Evanna was sure of: she hated being toyed with.

Robert had made it clear from the beginning that he wasn't looking for anything long term and had wanted to keep things between him and Evanna casual. She was okay with that at first; the man had thousands of groupies at his disposal, ready to fulfill his every desire. Why would he want to be tied down to one woman?

But Evanna did not like being used for pleasure and discarded. Every time she went to bed with him, she could feel a piece of her soul leaving her and being attached to him.

She was speeding towards inevitable heartbreak, and she knew it.

She eventually decided to break things off before it ended in tears and yelling like things had ended with Geoffrey.

The contrast between the two of them was like day and night. When Evanna thought back on her relationship with her ex, she was filled with memories of coldness and paranoia - as if she were walking on eggshells that would someday cause him to explode on her again. But with Robert, he was like a bright ray of sunshine that warmed her from the years of being frozen to the bone. Being wrapped in his arms made her feel safe and loved.

The idea of walking away from that feeling made her feel like an iron fist was clenching at her heart. The coldness was threatening to take her over again...

Evanna was setting up her camera in the photographer's pit several hours before the concert. Hyper-focusing on her job used to help her stay distracted from her personal life problems, but after falling into Robert's arms - into his bed, multiple times over the past four months - she felt like this was only making her problems worse.

Still, the quietness of the empty venue gave her a chance to try and clear her thoughts.

That was, until she felt a familiar warmth as a pair of hands planted themselves on her hips. She mentally groaned, turning around to find her face against Robert's chest. She had to tilt her head back to look into his face to find him grinning down at her.

"Shouldn't you be backstage warming up?" she asked him while taking a step back to free herself from his intoxicating spell.

Robert let out a quiet chuckle. "I'll be fine, darlin'. I'd rather be warmin' you up." He snaked one arm around her waist, pulling her up against him. She gasped, her hands flattening against his chest. He was wearing a button-down black shirt, and she could feel his warmth practically searing her through the fabric.

"I have to work, Robert..."

"Not for the next couple of hours," he said while leaning in to give her neck and ear a playful nip. She could hear the rational part of her brain screaming at her, reminding her of her decision to stop giving her body to him if they were not in a serious relationship. But she couldn't help herself. It felt so good. He felt so good, just with his kisses alone.

"I thought you said you didn't want anything serious..."

"That doesn't mean we can't still enjoy each other," he said, an infuriatingly smug smirk playing across his beautiful face.

He led her to the side of the stage, propping her up on the platform and peppering kisses along her jaw and neck. She let out a heavy sigh, feeling tempted to just let him kiss her worries away.

But she couldn't. Not knowing that it would eventually lead to her eventual heartache.

She placed both hands on his chest and pushed him away. He gave her a confused expression.