PROLOGUE . 00

ೃ࿐

"I bet you miss home

"I bet you miss home."

"Yeah, I guess I do. But lately it's been a bit more bearable."

"Does volleyball really help that much?"

"Of course, but it's not just volleyball that makes me feel at home!"

"Really? What else does?"

"I think just being with you makes it hard to feel homesick."

Brazil was beautiful. The fast-paced environment, the beautiful beaches—everything Hinata would have wanted for a dream vacation. But that was what it all felt like—one big vacation. And after a long vacation, a person would want to go home. That's what Hinata felt.

He felt that for a very long time.

Finding comfort in what he knows, volleyball.

But through a twist of events, and a heavy rainfall, he meets a girl. Similar to him in ways he didn't expect.

Raised, but not born, in Ipanema. You were adopted at a young age, and you found a home seventeen thousand kilometres away. You didn't know much about your Japanese heritage, and that fact always made you feel a little incomplete.

But that would change when you met an enigmatic volleyball player who spoke little to no English or Portuguese, playing volleyball on the beach until his skin burned, and riding around on a bicycle, delivering takeout.

Finding his way into your life, feeling at home with the girl from Ipanema.

*ೃ༄

-timeskip! Hinata x reader (Brazil Hinata mmm yummy)

-second person pov

-reader is japanese here ethnicity-wise but the physical appearance is up to you

-also on AO3

-possible smut if y'all are down for that idk (asking nonchalantly but I'm gripping my sheets right now)

-do people still care about Brazil Hinata like I do?

ೃ࿐