THIRTEEN

As Alex began to hack into the door's security system, Sara and Jason took up defensive positions nearby. The air was thick with anticipation as they waited for the door to open. Suddenly, Alex shouted, "It's open! Let's move in!"

The team dashed forward, weapons at the ready. As they approached the room beyond, they could hear muffled sounds of someone struggling. The door slid open to reveal a dimly lit chamber with a large glass tank dominating one wall. Inside the tank, a young woman was held captive, her body encased in a strange, glowing substance.

"Captain,there's someone here held captive in a tank." Alex approached the tank,taking a look at it.

"Who is it?" Captain James asked, his voice tense.

"I'm not sure Captain,It's a woman,she looks heavily sedated." Alex put his hand on the tank,jumping back when the women suddenly jolted awake.

"Whoa, easy there," Thomas said, stepping forward with the medkit. "She's still weak." As Thomas began to administer first aid, Alex addressed the team. "All right, people. Let's get her out of there and get her back to the ship. Sara, see if you can find anything else of value while we're here. Jason, keep an eye on our backs."

With Thomas' help, they managed to free the young woman from her confinement. Her body was covered in the glowing substance, which seemed to be slowly leeching into her skin. As they lifted her out of the tank, she let out a weak groan.

"Whoa, easy there," Thomas said, gently lowering her to the ground. "Just take it easy." He began to examine her, his fingers flying over her body as he checked for vital signs.

As Sara searched the room, she came across a computer terminal with access to the base's security system. Curious, she began to hack into it, hoping to find some valuable information.

Meanwhile, Thomas continued to examine the woman, who was beginning to regain consciousness. He checked her vitals and found them to be stable, but her skin was still glowing from the strange substance. "Alex, Jason, I'm not sure about this glowing stuff. I'm afraid it might be poisonous."

"Understood," Alex said, keying his radio. "Captain, we've got a possible contamination situation here. The woman we found in the tank is covered in a glowing substance that might be toxic. We're bringing her back to the ship now."