Prologue

"I might study na lang sa lib," I said to my friends kasi we have a 3-hour free time before the next class, and I just felt like going there instead of staying in our classroom.

Unnecessary noise and chatter would just distract me from studying and I really do not have enough discipline in me to stop myself from joining.

"Sama ako, Lian. May gagawin din ako," sabi ni Jinx habang nag-aayos nang gamit.

Ba't pa sasama 'to? Siya ang mahirap kasama kapag nag-aaral kasi ang daldal, which to be fair, gusto ko rin naman kasi madaldal din ako.

Which is why, hindi na dapat siya sumama!

I waited for Jinx by the door ng classroom namin kasi alam kong wala akong magagawa dahil sasama at sasama talaga siya, sa ayaw at sa gusto ko. I know him that well.

Naglakad na kami papunta sa library and it wasn't that far of a walk kasi 'yung building namin ang pinakamalapit sa school library. It was an easy 3-minute walk, a minute if ako lang mag-isa at nagmamadali.

"Ano bang kailangan nating pagstudy-han? Diba wala tayong quiz sa class natin mamaya?" tanong ni Jinx. Alam kong pinoproblema niya lang ang mga assessments namin kapag within the day na namin 'yon ite-take. Most of my classmates are like him as well.

Sinagot ko siya habang naghahanap kami ng pwesto sa library, "I'm going to read in advance para bukas. Baka kasi magparecit si ma'am."

A glimpse of flashing light.

"Oh, akala ko may quiz na," Jinx responded feeling relieved, but I don't know if that's what he really said kasi wala na sa kaniya ang focus ko.

Something caught my eye—my attention.

The light that sparked was a trail created by a celestial creature that fell on this planet, walking past me.

An angel, I suspect.

Delicate features and skin light and fair as it can be. His eyes shaped in the constance of peering into the dreamworld, but not quite, as his whole being is alive and conscious. His stature, surprisingly relaxed and does not necessarily command attention, but his mere presence does, and so the only thing to do is to admire from a distance.

An elegance and lightness only an angel can exude.

"Pogi," Jinx commented, making sure to inform me that he also noticed the presence of the angel.

Well, 'pogi' doesn't quite cut it, Jinx. If the guy had wings, I sure as hell would've already asked if I was walking the gates of heaven.

I only looked at Jinx with a controlled expression. I was freaking out on the inside but none of that should show on the outside.

Jinx looked back with question and accusations painted on his face. Alam ko na kung anong iniisip ng mokong.

We sat down as we finally found a table to settle on. The library is not as packed as it usually is but tables were still scarce and the empty ones still needed to be found.

"You know I actually know him," Jinx said habang inaayos na naming dalawa ang gamit namin sa table.

"Really?" sagot ko, not giving away my tone of interest into his words. Really? He knows that guy? How come?

"Yep. His name is Aries Blanco. Schoolmates kami nung elementary."

Aries Blanco.

What a perfect name for an angel in disguise.

Surely he himself knows that people could tell that he is one, right? That he is not 17 and he is not a high school student.

He is an angel.

Shit. And so it begins.

The damning of the one who channels his love through words.

Fuck.

Well, let's just say that like Jinx, I was glad na wala talaga kaming quiz today.

For all I could think about after laying my eyes on Aries were the plethora of ways I could use him as my muse, the object of my words and ink.

Here are my letters to you, Aries. Read them with the eyes which I adore the most.