Chapter 12

There I was standing few feet away from the killer.

Sierra in front of me and the killer behind her with a knife to her throat.

I looked to the side and there we were.

Noah, Nina and I standing in the bleachers. not moving. Frozen in fear.

I walked up the person behind sierra and took of its hoodie.

There has air in that hoodie. No body inside the hoodie. I touched it and it disappeared in front of my eyes.

Sierra slowly falling to the ground while holding her throat.

Noah running towards sierra. And I following behind him and Nina following behind me.

I fell in my knees next to sierra and I tried to help Noah.

But sierra, Noah, Nina, and I disappeared like how the killer did.

I stood up and saw blood on my hands.

Evangeline: NOAH! NINA! NOAH!

Nothing.

I closed my eyes and opened then to see all of us cleaning our fingerprints from sierras body.

Pulling ourselves away from sierras body.

I went to follow ourself and I reached out for Noah hand.

When I sudden jerk up from my sleep. Due to someone touching my shoulder.

Mr Oscar: woah sorry Evie DIDNT mean to scar ya. You okay?

Evangeline: I'm fine Mr Oscar, sorry for falling asleep in your class.

Mr Oscar: ya Sure?

Evangeline: yes I'm freaking sure.

I got up from my desk taking my things

Mr Oscar m: Evangeline get back here!

The door closed I couldn't hear what he said next. But I went to the nearest bathroom and locked myself in the big stall.

I took out one of the less string blunts and lit it up.

I started talking to myself.

Evangeline: what's going on with you Evie? You gotta snap out of this. It happened you can't go back and undo it.

I took a few puffs.

I heard the bell ring. Which means second period was over and it was break time. I throw the blunt down the toilet and watched it go down.

I walked out the bathrooms and went to the table where I always meet Noah.

Expect someone else was there. It wasn't Noah or Nina.

Asher..

Asher: hey babe. Whatcha doing over here?

Evangeline: I'm always here. What are you here?

Asher: you.

Evangeline: what for?

Asher: for the first time Noah or Nina isn't here with you. A FIRST OF MANNY MAY I ADD!

Evangeline: jeez no need to FUCKING YELL!

Asher: sorry, momma.

I felt chills. Never felt that when Noah called me "momma" but he called "momma" for fun because he knew I hated it. Why is Asher calling me "momma"?

Asher: so momma. Where were you actually yesterday? Thought you said you, Nina, Noah were going to west gold river?

Evangeline: yeah..we were there.

Asher: then who was at your house? Because the lights were on. I passed by your neighborhood to pick up someone and your house lights were on. So where were you?

I had to come up with a fast lie.

Evangeline: don't know. I was at west gold river. It was probably my mom y'know?

Asher: oh she's back? But I thought..

Evangeline: yeah I think she went back for some clothes and felt before we got home. Probably...because when we got home the lights were off.

Asher: so what time did you guys come home?

Evangeline: around 11pm..

Asher: is that so?

Evangeline: yup..

Asher: okay well I'm stopping by later.

My eyes widening before I could say anything Asher left. And Noah didn't come to the table. And the bell ringed and I went to my third period.